Connection Delphi to ORACLE 7.3

Hi,

I am current using Delphi 1.0 with BDE 2.5 on Windows 3.1 and would
like to connect to a 32-bit ORACLE 7.3 DBMS residing on a Windows NT
machine.

The Win 3.1 PC and the WIndows NT machine are connected via TCP/IP.
The error message I got was "no interface driver found."

On another machine which runs Win 95 with Delphi 1.0, BDE 2.5 and
Personal Oracle 7.3, I have no problems connecting to the local
database, by setting the NET PROTOCOL to 2:.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Simon Ang

an...@pacific.net.sg
clar...@pacific.net.sg

Re:Connection Delphi to ORACLE 7.3

On your networked client install SQL*NET and test it with Oracle's
SQL*PLUS to work properly.
then empty the network protocol entry in bde config for both the
oracle drive.
Set the server field in your aliases to
T:NTSERVER:SID
or if your are using sql*net V2 setup an alias using sql*net easy
config test it with sqlplus and then just enter the sql*net alias name
into the server entry in bde config and it will work.

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 00:04:39 +0800, Simon Ang <an...@pacific.net.sg>
wrote:

>Hi,

>I am current using Delphi 1.0 with BDE 2.5 on Windows 3.1 and would
>like to connect to a 32-bit ORACLE 7.3 DBMS residing on a Windows NT
>machine.

>The Win 3.1 PC and the WIndows NT machine are connected via TCP/IP.
>The error message I got was "no interface driver found."

>On another machine which runs Win 95 with Delphi 1.0, BDE 2.5 and
>Personal Oracle 7.3, I have no problems connecting to the local
>database, by setting the NET PROTOCOL to 2:.

>Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

>Simon Ang

>an...@pacific.net.sg
>clar...@pacific.net.sg

Christian Kaas
Client/Server development and consulting
Fax. 49-9129-5518
Phone 49-9129-5508

Other Threads