Advice for Novice in Web Development

2008-07-27 05:53:13 AM
delphi252
Hi people,
I have been developing applications in Delphi for many years,
including one with 100k lines of code. I have never ever however done
anything for the web and didn't do much with databases either. Now I
might need it. I heard about different technologies: asp.net, php,
ruby on rails, python,... .
I have absolutely no idea about any of them. Can you please suggest me
which ones in your opinion are the best to use. I am starting from
scratch here. If I can use my Delphi knowledge, it will be good, but
this is certainly not a must. It more important for me to use the
better technology. What would you suggest? And what about the client
side?
Thanks