Re: So, Nick... :)

2007-04-07 05:29:14 AM
delphi185
Bruce McGee writes:
This is encouraging, at least.
Agree.
--
Donald.

Re: So, Nick... :)

Rocco Neri writes:
Here you can, only if you include both products ESD and Media Kit.
An extract from one of my earlier messages:
==================
The UK site was the same when I decided to buy the media kit after my
ESD purchase. However a quick look at the HTML showed it was not
difficult to add the media kit by itself, and that was quicker than
phoning customer service the next day and going through the details
over the phone ;-)
The media kit arrived two days later, but this should be possible
without resorting to our developer skills!
==================
I assume the same applies to all the Digital River stores - ie. you
just need to get the product code for the media kit from the page after
adding the ESD + Media kit item to your basket, make a URL with the
same form as the items on the main order page but with the media kit
ID. Took a couple of minutes in total
--
Simon

Re: So, Nick... :)

Simon Page writes:
Rocco Neri writes:

>Here you can, only if you include both products ESD and Media Kit.

An extract from one of my earlier messages:
==================
The UK site was the same when I decided to buy the media kit after my
ESD purchase. However a quick look at the HTML showed it was not
difficult to add the media kit by itself, and that was quicker than
phoning customer service the next day and going through the details
over the phone ;-)

The media kit arrived two days later, but this should be possible
without resorting to our developer skills!
==================

I assume the same applies to all the Digital River stores - ie. you
just need to get the product code for the media kit from the page
after adding the ESD + Media kit item to your basket, make a URL with
the same form as the items on the main order page but with the media
kit ID. Took a couple of minutes in total
Simon
I tried your suggestion on how to hack Digital River eShop to order the
media Kit only and surprisely it works as you say; anyway I ordered
yesterday the product to a locale shop and they say me I will have it
in about 10/15 days.
Regards
Rocco
--

Re: So, Nick... :)

Nick Hodges (CodeGear) writes:
Rocco Neri writes:

>and I see there is no difference, you can not order media kit
>separately.

Yep, you are right. This will change soon.
Nick
Thank you for your reply
I ordered yesterday the product to a locale shop and they say me I will
have it in about 10/15 days.
Regards
Rocco
--

Re: So, Nick... :)

Pat Fleck writes:
Yes I have had SA since Delphi 8 which came on cd's, as did Delphi 2005
and Delphi 2006. What is your point?
That I am in the same boat and did not receive an e-mail. I called
CodeGear on Friday and got things squared away. Delphi 2007 for Win32 on the way.

Re: So, Nick... :)

Kyle A. Miller writes:
Pat Fleck writes:
>Yes I have had SA since Delphi 8 which came on cd's, as did Delphi
>2005 and Delphi 2006. What is your point?

That I am in the same boat and did not receive an e-mail. I called
CodeGear on Friday and got things squared away. Delphi 2007 for Win32 on
the way.
Glad to hear that Kyle.
--

Re: So, Nick... :)

On 5 Apr 2007 08:47:30 -0800, "Nick Hodges (CodeGear)"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
The ISO is available to Media Kit purchasers.
Just so I understand this... In order to download the ISO, you have to
purchase the Media Kit, which gives you a DVD with the program on
it... for the same price as just getting the DVD to begin with...
So the only advantage of the ESD+MK over plain DVD is that you can get
the ISO a week or earlier?
- Asbjørn

Re: So, Nick... :)

<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>The ISO is available to Media Kit purchasers.

Just so I understand this... In order to download the ISO, you have to
purchase the Media Kit, which gives you a DVD with the program on
it... for the same price as just getting the DVD to begin with...

So the only advantage of the ESD+MK over plain DVD is that you can get
the ISO a week or earlier?

- Asbjørn
Yep, that is about it.

Re: So, Nick... :)

Lord Crc writes:
So the only advantage of the ESD+MK over plain DVD is that you can get
the ISO a week or earlier?
Yes. /Please/ don't ask me to explain why. ;-\
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re: So, Nick... :)

"Rocco Neri" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i meddelandet
Nick Hodges (CodeGear) writes:

>Lord Crc writes:
>
>>So the only advantage of the ESD+MK over plain DVD is that you can
>>get the ISO a week or earlier?
>
>Yes. Please don't ask me to explain why. ;-\

So considering I ordered and paid the media Kit from Codegear italian
Distribuitor and have to wait 15 days to have it, in meantime I can
download the ISO image?
No you can't.
What is necessary to do in order to obtain the download link?
Nothing you can do.
There isn't any link.
/ia

Lord Crc writes:

>So the only advantage of the ESD+MK over plain DVD is that you can
>get the ISO a week or earlier?

Yes. Please don't ask me to explain why. ;-\
So considering I ordered and paid the media Kit from Codegear italian
Distribuitor and have to wait 15 days to have it, in meantime I can
download the ISO image?
What is necessary to do in order to obtain the download link?
Regards
Rocco Neri
--

Re: So, Nick... :)

Rocco Neri writes:
So considering I ordered and paid the media Kit from Codegear italian
Distribuitor and have to wait 15 days to have it, in meantime I can
download the ISO image?
What is necessary to do in order to obtain the download link?

Regards
Rocco Neri

You should have gotten a linke in the email you were sent.
--

Rocco Neri writes:

>So considering I ordered and paid the media Kit from Codegear
>italian Distribuitor and have to wait 15 days to have it, in
>meantime I can download the ISO image?
>What is necessary to do in order to obtain the download link?
>
>Regards
>Rocco Neri

You should have gotten a linke in the email you were sent.
I want to clarify I haven't ordered using Borland Digital River online
shop because because as I said in previous posts(and verified by
yourself) that don't allow media kit order only.
I ordered instead by phone to the local vendor paying immediately by
bank transfer sending them receipt of payment by email, but I haven't
received email with download link.
Could you please confirm that the download link exist and that I can
ask to the local vendor to send me the link?
Regards
Rocco
--

Re: So, Nick... :)

On 8 Apr 2007 18:14:45 -0800, "Nick Hodges (CodeGear)"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Yes.
Alrighty.
/Please/ don't ask me to explain why.
I'll try to restrain myself :) In the meantime I will settle for the
fact that it says "shop.borland.com" and not "shop.codegear.com" ;)

Dennis Cote writes:

>So Nick, who do we need to talk to have this asinine decision
>revisited?

At this point, probably your congressman.

Nick,
I'm in Canada, so I don't have one, and most of your politicians are
unlikely to pay any heed to what I say.
Are you suggesting that the SOX regulations will require you to delay
the recognition of Delphi 2007 revenue from the first quarter into the second
quarter if you release an ISO now?
If that is the case, is it really such a big problem to delay this
revenue? I mean, you do have other sources of revenue, and you do have
the cash from these sales even if you can not show it on your quarterly
financial statements. Does CodeGear not have the wherewithal to weather
such a delay?
Is this decision being driven by placing a greater importance on having
good looking financial statements (perhaps to promote the future sale of
CodeGear) than on meeting customer expectations and creating a happy and
satisfied customer base (more likely candidates for repeat business)?
What will happen if you have a poor quarter followed by a very good
quarter instead of two good quarters? Is this just short term thinking
instead of long term planning?
Dennis Cote