Copyright and all that stuff -- a few handy links.

2007-10-23 12:05:14 PM
delphi151
Intro To Copyright
www.templetons.com/brad/copyright.html
A (Canadian) Government) guide to Copyrights -- lots of links and good
explanations designed for people who want to understand their copyright
rights.
It is a Canadian Perspective -- but we are a signatory to the Berne
Convention -- Also info on trademark vs patent vs copyrights
strategis.gc.ca/sc_mrksv/cipo/cp/copy_gd_main-e.html
10 Myths about copyright -- some of these issues have been raised here.
www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html
Plus it has Links to major copyright sites -- USA Australia etc.
Hope this helps anyone who has questions.
The information is _generally_ applicable world wide.
--
Will R
PMC Consulting

Re:Copyright and all that stuff -- a few handy links.

Tnx!
"WillR" <willrNo.Spam.pmccl.noSpam.com>writes

Intro To Copyright
www.templetons.com/brad/copyright.html

A (Canadian) Government) guide to Copyrights -- lots of links and good
explanations designed for people who want to understand their copyright
rights.
It is a Canadian Perspective -- but we are a signatory to the Berne
Convention -- Also info on trademark vs patent vs copyrights
strategis.gc.ca/sc_mrksv/cipo/cp/copy_gd_main-e.html

10 Myths about copyright -- some of these issues have been raised here.
www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Plus it has Links to major copyright sites -- USA Australia etc.

Hope this helps anyone who has questions.

The information is _generally_ applicable world wide.

--
Will R
PMC Consulting

Re:Copyright and all that stuff -- a few handy links.

Thanks Will, very useful info!
Are you sure you're in the right newsgroup? This is the one where all the
threads degenerate into insults, name calling, and heavy use of the CAPS
LOCK KEY for yelling..... :^)
Cheers,
Van Swofford
Tybee Jet Corp.

TJC Support writes:
Thanks Will, very useful info!

Are you sure you're in the right newsgroup? This is the one where all the
threads degenerate into insults, name calling, and heavy use of the CAPS
LOCK KEY for yelling..... :^)

Cheers,
Van Swofford
Tybee Jet Corp.

Yup! Correct group.
This saves time. Now we know what to yell about!
Actually this group is very civilized -- I know of one better -- but not
a lot come to mind. :-) Everyone here does try to help most of the time
-- even when they are wrong. Being wrong isn't a crime.
If a programmer doesn't know this information he/she can get in a _lot_
of trouble. As employees we have a duty to the company as contractors
and companies we have duties to the customer -- and so on. it is simpler
to negotiate everything up front. If we know what points have to be
covered we can prevent arguments and stick to business.
There is one mine field which most IP contracts never cover relating
ownership and use of IP -- I leave it as an exercise to the reader -- he
mentions it twice in the essay pieces... :-) If he made a mistake it was
one of omission of detail.
--
Will R
PMC Consulting

Re:Copyright and all that stuff -- a few handy links.

Excellent collection !
To which you may wish to add:
US Govt Copyright Office:
www.copyright.gov/
United State Patent and Trademark Office:
www.uspto.gov/

Re:Copyright and all that stuff -- a few handy links.

"TJC Support" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Thanks Will, very useful info!

Are you sure you're in the right newsgroup? This is the one where all the
threads degenerate into insults, name calling, and heavy use of the CAPS
LOCK KEY for yelling..... :^)

Yes, this is the right newsgroup.
Though I don't often discuss in this newsgroup, I often read this NG
to get the newest information on trend of Delphi, Borland, and CG.
And also much other useful information.
And if there is no such a group, where can I ask a question on
legal issue in the Borland newsgroups? :-)

Re:Copyright and all that stuff -- a few handy links.

"Koms Bomb" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Yes, this is the right newsgroup.
Though I don't often discuss in this newsgroup, I often read this NG
to get the newest information on trend of Delphi, Borland, and CG.
And also much other useful information.

And if there is no such a group, where can I ask a question on
legal issue in the Borland newsgroups? :-)
Actually, I was making a subtle joke that he was being very polite and
helpful, which sometimes isn't seen in this newsgroup when the debate gets a
little heated. Guess it was a little too subtle, huh? :^)
Cheers,
Van

Re:Copyright and all that stuff -- a few handy links.

"TJC Support" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Actually, I was making a subtle joke that he was being very polite and
helpful, which sometimes isn't seen in this newsgroup when the debate gets
a little heated. Guess it was a little too subtle, huh? :^)

Never mind, I was joking too (the symbol ":-)" indicates that).
LOL.