Re: RAD Studio 2007 -First Impressions -GREAT !!

2007-09-20 05:33:57 AM
delphi233
VT Venkatesh writes:
I installed my RAD Studio 2007 Architect with out a hitch.First time I ran
it ,ii tasked for regn details & hence could not time the start up .
Then I closed it & started again.The whole thing loaded in just 38 sec on
a 1.4 Ghz machine with 768 MB ram & win 2000 .This is really fantastic
timing.!!!
Now to get back to mastering the ECO IV
Venkatesh
That's very impressive to hear.
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

VT Venkatesh writes:
I installed my RAD Studio 2007 Architect with out a hitch.
I've done two installs of CDS2007 Enterprise now, one on my home
dual-cpu tower, and another on my laptop at the office. Both
installations required 43 minutes total, including 4 minutes for the
help system.
In both installs, no problems at all were encountered, and in some
quick playing around the IDE seems plenty fast. It'll take a good chunk
of time yet to install my various toolkits (NexusDB, DevEx, ModelMaker,
ReportBuilder, etc) but that will give me an opportunity to practice my
Spider Solitaire skills :-)
One thing that did strike me - it took 11 minutes to *uninstall* the
existing BDS2006 Pro installation. I probably don't even want to know
why.