Have I done something wrong? WebSnap in Delphi 6 Pro not present

2006-10-31 11:20:12 AM
delphi224
I am at a loss. I installed IntraWeb 7 into my Delphi 6 Pro environment and
started their "CourseWare" for the product. The VERY FIRST tutorial requires
me to start a new "WebSnap" application. I don't seem to have WebSnap. Was
it an optional install? Did I (some-time in the past) remove the Package
BPL?
Can ANYONE tell me how to get WebSnap in Delphi 6 Pro?
TIA
Cenay'

Re:Have I done something wrong? WebSnap in Delphi 6 Pro not present

Hi Cenay,
I am at a loss. I installed IntraWeb 7 into my Delphi 6 Pro environment and
started their "CourseWare" for the product. The VERY FIRST tutorial requires
me to start a new "WebSnap" application. I don't seem to have WebSnap.
That's correct - WebSnap is only part of the Enterprise edition of Delphi.
Delphi 6 Professional contains WebBroker, and Delphi 6 Enterprise
contains WebBroker as well as WebSnap.
They probably want you to start a WebSnap application to demonstrate
IntraWeb in Page Mode. IntraWeb supports Page Mode as well as
Application Mode, and I'd suggest skipping the sections on Page Mode
(these are only useful if you want to integrate IntraWeb in an existing
WebBroker or WebSnap application).
IntraWeb in Application Mode is more powerful, and doesn't require
WebSnap at all.
Can ANYONE tell me how to get WebSnap in Delphi 6 Pro?
You cannot. But it is not needed to work with IntraWeb. Just skip to the
sections that work with IntraWeb in Application mode.
See also www.drbob42.com/examines/examin48.htm for more
information about IntraWeb in Application Mode vs. Page Mode (using
IntraWeb 5.1 and Delphi 7, but the same is true for IntraWeb 7 and
Delphi 6, so this article will still be useful for you).
TIA
Cenay'
Groetjes,
Bob Swart