Midas.dll problem on Delphi 7.1 (update 2)

2005-01-25 01:28:07 AM
delphi31
Using MIDAS.dll version 7.1.1692.666:
i fill a dbgrid control. In the second one register and i obtained "KEY
VIOLATION" message.
I taked care of the fields who are primary key and I am sure the data was ok.
Using MIDAS.dll version 7.0.4.453:
i fill a dbgrid control with the same data and all works ok.
Where do i find the last correct version of MIDAS.dll?.
It's urgent. thanks for your help...
Erik Cubillos

Re:Midas.dll problem on Delphi 7.1 (update 2)

Erik,
I am sorry for the inconvineince. Please help me isolate the issue by
posting some more specific information about your application.
Can you please post information on the schema of the table you are using.
With this information I can attempt to reproduce the error.
Thanks,
John
"Erik Cubillos" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Using MIDAS.dll version 7.1.1692.666:

i fill a dbgrid control. In the second one register and i obtained "KEY
VIOLATION" message.
I taked care of the fields who are primary key and I am sure the data was
ok.

Using MIDAS.dll version 7.0.4.453:

i fill a dbgrid control with the same data and all works ok.

Where do i find the last correct version of MIDAS.dll?.

It's urgent. thanks for your help...

Erik Cubillos

Re:Midas.dll problem on Delphi 7.1 (update 2)

ups... ok
my table has the next estructure...
CREATE TABLE SRVCIOXMES (
ANOESCLAR CDGOENTROCRTO NOT NULL,
NVEL_CDGO CDGOENTROCRTO NOT NULL,
JRNDA_CDGO CDGOENTROCRTO NOT NULL,
ESTDIANTE_CDGO CDGOENTROLRGO NOT NULL,
CNTRTO_CDGO CDGOENTROLRGO NOT NULL,
SRVCIO_CDGO CDGOENTROCRTO NOT NULL,
SRVCIOXMES_MES CDGOENTROCRTO NOT NULL
)
ALTER TABLE SRVCIOXMES ADD CONSTRAINT SERVICIO_POR_MES
PRIMARY KEY (ANOESCLAR, NVEL_CDGO, JRNDA_CDGO, ESTDIANTE_CDGO, CNTRTO_CDGO,
SRVCIO_CDGO, SRVCIOXMES_MES)
ALTER TABLE SRVCIOXMES ADD CONSTRAINT SERVICIOS_EN_EL_MES
FOREIGN KEY (SRVCIO_CDGO) REFERENCES SRVCIO (SRVCIO_CDGO);
ALTER TABLE SRVCIOXMES ADD CONSTRAINT SERVICIOS_DEL_CONTRATO
FOREIGN KEY (ANOESCLAR, NVEL_CDGO, JRNDA_CDGO, ESTDIANTE_CDGO, CNTRTO_CDGO)
REFERENCES CNTRTO (ANOESCLAR, NVEL_CDGO, JRNDA_CDGO, ESTDIANTE_CDGO,
CNTRTO_CDGO);
the error message appears when i insert the second one register, i did it in
a manual way, the references already exists,,
thanxs..

Re:Midas.dll problem on Delphi 7.1 (update 2)

I have having trouble figuring out what kind of a type CDGOENTROCRTO is. Is
this a custom type that you have created? If so what is the base type? To
recreate the table I need to know this information.
Also, what supported database server are you using?
[...]

hi... the CDGOENTROCRTO is cumtom type of SMALLINT datatype... I am using
firebird version 1.5.1.4481... the visual components that I am using are:
Application server:
-TRemoteDataModule
- TSQLConnection
- TSQLDataSet
-TDataSetProvider
Client application
-TDataModule
- TConnectionBroker
- TSocketConnection
- TClientDataSet
- TDataSource
TForm
- TDBGrid
Thanks for your help... Erik Cubillos

Re:Midas.dll problem on Delphi 7.1 (update 2)

Firebird is not a supported database server. If you can reproduce the
problem with Interbase then please let me know and I will continue
investigation.
Thanks,
John
"Erik Cubillos" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
hi... the CDGOENTROCRTO is cumtom type of SMALLINT datatype... I am using
firebird version 1.5.1.4481... the visual components that I am using are:

Application server:

-TRemoteDataModule
- TSQLConnection
- TSQLDataSet
-TDataSetProvider

Client application

-TDataModule
- TConnectionBroker
- TSocketConnection
- TClientDataSet
- TDataSource

TForm
- TDBGrid

Thanks for your help... Erik Cubillos

Re:Midas.dll problem on Delphi 7.1 (update 2)

Before using firebird... I used interbase 6.5 and appears the same error...
on SQLDataSet the properties GetMetaData = false and NoMetaData = true...

Re:Midas.dll problem on Delphi 7.1 (update 2)

So to be clear, you see the problem with Interbase 6.5 server and Interbase
6.5 client?
"Erik Cubillos" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Before using firebird... I used interbase 6.5 and appears the same
error... on SQLDataSet the properties GetMetaData = false and NoMetaData =
true...

Re:Midas.dll problem on Delphi 7.1 (update 2)

I think that when I had my Delphi 7 with midas.dll version 7.0.4.457 all
worked very well... but when I update to Delphi 7.1, midas.dll version
7.1.1692.666 gives me many problems, like I told you before