D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

2004-12-21 09:36:54 PM
delphi118
Hi there,
Is there ANY documentation available on what the new options
and methods should suppose to do in the Delphi 2005 dbExpress
interfaces?
I cannot even find ISQLCommand in the Win32 variant of the
help... :-/
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies

Re:D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

Is there ANY documentation available on what the new options
and methods should suppose to do in the Delphi 2005 dbExpress
interfaces?
Unfortunately, documenting interfaces for us driver writers has been only a
token effort so far.
Almost every database in active development has an ADO.Net driver. Borland
creates a better alternative in BDP, but then neglects to provide developers
with the info they need to help Borland make the most of their technology.
Go figure.
--
Eivind Bakkestuen
Nexus Database Systems

Re:D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

I have made that same argument with David Intersimone, V.P. of
Developer Relations. Please feel free to join the chorus.
davidi_at_borland_dot_com
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
Eivind Bakkestuen writes:
Borland
creates a better alternative in BDP, but then neglects to provide
developers with the info they need to help Borland make the most of
their technology. Go figure.

Re:D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

I have made that same argument with David Intersimone, V.P. of
Developer Relations. Please feel free to join the chorus.
davidi_at_borland_dot_com
If this really needs multiple persons pursuading him, then
I don't see why I should bother...
Seriously, this is nuts.
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies

Eivind Bakkestuen writes:

>Borland
>creates a better alternative in BDP, but then neglects to provide
>developers with the info they need to help Borland make the most of
>their technology. Go figure.

Re:D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

Based on my conversation I don't think David is the one that needs
persuading.
--
Martijn Tonies writes:
If this really needs multiple persons pursuading him, then
I don't see why I should bother...

Seriously, this is nuts.

Re:D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

I have made that same argument with David Intersimone, V.P. of
Developer Relations. Please feel free to join the chorus.
davidi_at_borland_dot_com
We have made our arguments in multiple places. Unfortunately, it appears
that documenting the interfaces for 3rd-parties comes pretty low on the
Borland priority list. I guess management simply doesnt allocate any
resources to things like this, which is a shame. I'd have thought that
the more 3rd-parties supporting Borland technologies, the better. Maybe it
would be time to try investing some of those millions they used to brag
about having in the bank...
--
Eivind Bakkestuen
Nexus Database Systems

Re:D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

Based on my conversation I don't think David is the one that needs
persuading.
I was hoping that much :-)
But what's the point of sending e-mails to him then?

Martijn Tonies writes:

>If this really needs multiple persons pursuading him, then
>I don't see why I should bother...
>
>Seriously, this is nuts.

Re:D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

Because he can wave them at meetings to bolster the argument that real
customers really think this is a problem.
--
Martijn Tonies writes:
But what's the point of sending e-mails to him then?

Re:D2005 and the new options in the dbExpress interfaces

Because he can wave them at meetings to bolster the argument that real
customers really think this is a problem.
Ok then, e-mail written and send.