"Characterset not supported" on Oracle 8

2004-10-30 05:27:27 AM
delphi242
I've used MS SQL in the developing process, and everything runs properly.
But in live, the application must run on Oracle. An error "Characterset
not supported" is raised on all updates and inserts. In BDE world, there
was a setting to specify characterset. Does anyone know how to set this
with dbExpress ?
Atle Markeng

Re:"Characterset not supported" on Oracle 8

Atle,
You will have to test your app in Oracle. There are enough differences
between Oracle and MS SQL to make that necessary.
At least when you test against Oracle, you can find the offending lines in
your code and let us know.
I once downloaded a trial 9i version from Oracle - if they still allow that
you can get Oracle for free ;-)
Jan
"Atle Markeng" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schreef in bericht
I've used MS SQL in the developing process, and everything runs properly.
But in live, the application must run on Oracle. An error "Characterset
not supported" is raised on all updates and inserts. In BDE world, there
was a setting to specify characterset. Does anyone know how to set this
with dbExpress ?

Atle Markeng

Re:"Characterset not supported" on Oracle 8

Thanks for reply!
I've found the error, and it was all my blame. The datefunction on
Oracle and MS SQL are different. On MS SQL, I use the function convert,
but on Oracle the simillar function is to_date (with different
parameters). When I sorted this out, all works properly with no errors
on the Oracle database. I have written a function changing the SQL
according to a setting for the current database.