File: C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Permission denied. Directory C:\

2005-09-27 07:11:56 PM
delphi71
Hi. when I want to open Table1 (Table1.active := true) this error rises :
"File: C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Permission denied. Directory C:\"
(my windows is Server 2003 and I don't have permission to write to C:\)
What is PDOXUSRS.NET and HOW can I tell BDE to write this file into other
than C:\ ?
thanks in advance!

Re:File: C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Permission denied. Directory C:\

Since Borland stopped developing or maintaining the BDE several years
ago I suggest that you not use it for any new development.
To change the location of PDOXUSRS.NET open the BDE Administrator and
choose Configuration | Drivers | Native | Paradox then change the NET
DIR parameter.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:File: C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Permission denied. Directory C:\

thank u so much!
"Bill Todd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Since Borland stopped developing or maintaining the BDE several years
ago I suggest that you not use it for any new development.

To change the location of PDOXUSRS.NET open the BDE Administrator and
choose Configuration | Drivers | Native | Paradox then change the NET
DIR parameter.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:File: C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Permission denied. Directory C:\

"Bill Todd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Since Borland stopped developing or maintaining the BDE several years
ago I suggest that you not use it for any new development.
So, do you suggest me not to use BDE more? Do I have to use ADO?

Re:File: C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Permission denied. Directory C:\

Yes, I suggest that you not use the BDE anymore. You can use ADO or
dbExpress or a database specific component set like InterBase Express.
It depends on which database you use. There are a number of databases
available at no cost including Firebird and PostgreSQL.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)