Re: Requirements for Object Persistence

"Dave Nottage [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>

>ECO is not an integral part of Delphi.

What exactly do you expect to be integrated, and in what manner?
Maybe he wants them exposed through an IConvenientToMyArgument interface.
--
Everything in this post is mere opinion.
It might be very well formed opinion based

Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
listmember writes:

>>ECO.
>
>ECO is not an integral part of Delphi.

What exactly do you expect to be integrated, and in what manner?
I'd like the issue be tackled in RTTI-level first.

Re: Requirements for Object Persistence

I'd like the issue be tackled in RTTI-level first.
What issue? RTTI does exactly what it was designed for. it is no good using
standard types like Integer / Boolean / Char anyway because they have no way
of being set to NULL, and a DB does.
I think anyone that implements an OPF using RTTI is making a mistake.
--
Pete
====

Re: Requirements for Object Persistence

>ECO.

For Win32.
Bold.

Re: Requirements for Object Persistence

>>ECO.
>
>For Win32.

Bold.
I don't think so.
Hey, if you feel like it . . . we could start using full sentences instead
of single words or short phrases to covnverse . . . <g>
Lauchlan M

At 05:03:28, 25.07.2005, listmember writes:
I'd like the issue be tackled in RTTI-level first.
Like TDataSet? <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Many a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the

At 12:26:22, 25.07.2005, Lauchlan M writes:
>>>ECO.
>>
>>For Win32.
>
>Bold.

I don't think so.
Bold is more or less the predecssor of ECO (and written by the same
people, AFAIK), and it is for Delphi for Win32. There is/was a Bold for
Delphi 7.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on

Re: Requirements for Object Persistence

>>>For Win32.
>>
>>Bold.
>
>I don't think so.

Bold is more or less the predecssor of ECO (and written by the same
people, AFAIK), and it is for Delphi for Win32. There is/was a Bold for
Delphi 7.
My impression was that ECO was a significant extension of and advance on
Bold.
I appreciate that Peter has probably used both Bold and ECO to a high level,
but Peter seeming to state that Bold is ECO for Win32 does not gel with
anything I have heard from Borland or from other ECO users in the past.
But we were not really going to be able to explore that in one letter
replies or 4 word phrases!
Lauchlan M

Re: Requirements for Object Persistence

My impression was that ECO was a significant extension of and advance on
Bold.
It has some advances over Bold, yet at the same time I feel it also lacks
some of the features Bold has.
I appreciate that Peter has probably used both Bold and ECO to a high
level,
but Peter seeming to state that Bold is ECO for Win32 does not gel with
anything I have heard from Borland or from other ECO users in the past.
They are very similar, slightly different, and both have their advantages
over the other. Bold is very good though, I still use it. In fact, Bold
keeps the roof over my head.
But we were not really going to be able to explore that in one letter
replies or 4 word phrases!
Or even one word / 4 letter replies. I was merely using the same level of
effort used in the previous posts. Someone said "ECO" to which you replied
"For Win32", seeing as you knew about ECO and it not being for Win32 I felt
that "Bold" was sufficient.
--
Pete
====

At 15:19:34, 25.07.2005, Lauchlan M writes:
My impression was that ECO was a significant extension of and advance on
Bold.
I have not used either, so I can not tell you.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine." -- L. Peter Deutsch