Re: Come see us during the Borland Developer World Tour

2005-05-09 11:59:58 AM
delphi240
Lauchlan M writes:
Indeed. But it wasn't part of your just-announced world tour.
The "world tour" was just to get further recognition. I guessed it
worked. it is been going on this entire quarter.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: Come see us during the Borland Developer World Tour

In article <427d7acb$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
blogs.borland.com/johnk/archive/2005/05/07/4215.aspx

In a few hours, I will leave for my flight to Taipei from San
Francisco, so I wanted to drop a quick note to remind people to come
see David Intersimone (David I) or me on our Borland Developer World
Tour. David is going to Europe, and I am going to Asia. You can see
many of the upcoming Delphi-related events posted on EventCentral, the
global Borland community calendar if you are interested in seeing us in
person.

There's lots of exciting things to discuss. See my blog entry for more
information.

John, I have never been to Taipei, can I have your job?? ;-0

At 00:12:53, 10.05.2005, Rick Carter writes:
>John, I have never been to Taipei, can I have your job?? ;-0

It does seem like a dream job, doesn't it? I mean, apart from the long
hours, heavy work load, and angry customers...
And long air trips. that is what I would hate most of all. That and living in
hotels.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"Everything is drive-through. In California, they even have a burial

eshipman writes:
John, I have never been to Taipei, can I have your job?? ;-0
Heh. I get that from new Borland acquaintances a lot. After observing
the work we do in DevRel for a couple months, they usually say "I
wouldn't ever want your job!"
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.borland.com

Re: Come see us during the Borland Developer World Tour

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
That and living
in hotels.
There are worse jobs since we generally are put up in nice hotels, but
it's {*word*156} the family most of all.
--

At 00:00:04, 10.05.2005, John Kaster (Borland) writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:

>That and living
>in hotels.

There are worse jobs since we generally are put up in nice hotels, but
it's {*word*156} the family most of all.
That is what I meant. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"Fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds worth of distance run."

Re: Come see us during the Borland Developer World Tour

In article <427fdd49$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
eshipman writes:

>John, I have never been to Taipei, can I have your job?? ;-0

Heh. I get that from new Borland acquaintances a lot. After observing
the work we do in DevRel for a couple months, they usually say "I
wouldn't ever want your job!"

We met a couple yrs ago at an event here in Austin, The Delphi 7 unveiling, I think at
the ADUG meeting.
E.

Re: Come see us during the Borland Developer World Tour

In article <427fdd64$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:

>That and living
>in hotels.

There are worse jobs since we generally are put up in nice hotels, but
it's {*word*156} the family most of all.

But some people WANT to get away from their family. ;-)
one of the players on a baseball team that I manage has a wife
that BEGS him to leave the house to play baseball, hunt, fish, etc.
Hmmm, wonder what she's doing while he's gone???

Re: Come see us during the Borland Developer World Tour

John, I have never been to Taipei, can I have your job?? ;-0
It does seem like a dream job, doesn't it? I mean, apart from the long
hours, heavy work load, and angry customers...
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: Come see us during the Borland Developer World Tour

Lauchlan M writes:
It would also be nice to get an updated ECO presentation. But I am sure
Malcolm Groves could do that quite well if you can not make it here in
the next 6 months.
Lauchlan Mackinnon
Hey Lauchlan,
I am going to be doing a Code Review presentation at the Melb ADUG
meeting on Monday, catch up with me later and we can have a chat about
what you would like to see in the way of ECO presentations. I will be
doing a number of Webseminars over the next few months, and I am trying
to pull together a schedule (Damian Bootsma will most likely also run
one or two of them, so you will soon find at least 3 ECO heads in Oz).
Cheers Tim.

Re: Come see us during the Borland Developer World Tour

I am going to be doing a Code Review presentation at the Melb ADUG
meeting on Monday, catch up with me later and we can have a chat about
what you would like to see in the way of ECO presentations. I will be
doing a number of Webseminars over the next few months, and I am trying
to pull together a schedule (Damian Bootsma will most likely also run
one or two of them, so you will soon find at least 3 ECO heads in Oz).

Cheers Tim.
Thanks Tim!
Replied offline.
Lauchlan Mackinnon

eshipman writes:
We met a couple yrs ago at an event here in Austin, The Delphi 7 unveiling,
I think at the ADUG meeting.
I definitely remember your name. Next time I see you, I can re-attach
it to your face ;)
--

eshipman writes:
one of the players on a baseball team that I manage has a wife
that BEGS him to leave the house
Fortunately, my wife doesn't feel that way ;)