Re: Do you specify parameters in implementations ?

JED writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:

>In the meantime, it seems that DelForEx has been updated for D2005.

Do you have a URL? I have never used it before.
www.dow.wau.nl/aew/DelForExp.html
But it won't copy function or procedure headers to the implementation
section, though. It will only pretty format your existing Delphi code.
It won't change it otherwise.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
www.dow.wau.nl/aew/DelForExp.html
Ok, I looked here again: is the text simply out of date but the
download is updated?
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:

>www.dow.wau.nl/aew/DelForExp.html

Ok, I looked here again: is the text simply out of date but the
download is updated?
Yes. It works in D2005 as well.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"No mention of God. They keep Him up their sleeves for as long as

Re: Do you specify parameters in implementations ?

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
Yes. It works in D2005 as well.
Tx, just downloaded.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
What's going on? calendar.borland.com

Re: Do you specify parameters in implementations ?

Andreas Koch <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in news:41bb0637$1
@newsgroups.borland.com:
Do you use this "feature" ?
never
--
Mark Vaughan
___________

Re: Do you specify parameters in implementations ?

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:38:25 +0100, Andreas Koch
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
<snip>

Do you use this "feature" ?
Never.
On the one hand, it saves typing redundant information,
on the other you don't see the available parameters when
implementing the function...

I don't consider it a feature. I think it impairs readability.
Oz
--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Re: Do you specify parameters in implementations ?

"Andreas Koch" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
... specifying function parameters in the implementation
section is fully optional if they have been declared in the
interface section. ...
If you think it possible, what is the best way to convince
Borland to make this "optional no-declaration of
parameters in the implementation section" available only
by a non-default option?
Yours truly, JohnH

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:52:23 -0600, John Herbster writes:
If you think it possible, what is the best way to convince
Borland to make this "optional no-declaration of
parameters in the implementation section" available only
by a non-default option?
qc.borland.com
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc rohloff -at- myrealbox -dot- com

Re: Do you specify parameters in implementations ?

Charles McAllister writes:
footnote: i also don't like the fact that implementation code does
not require rewriting optional parameters.
Agreed! I was caught out by that one yesterday. I saw the
implementation code, and it being called from another proc but with a
shorter parameter list. I was scratching my head for a few minutes
whilst searching for the overloaded version. :-(
FTR, I *hate* the "feature", and think people who use it should be
placed in the same jail cell as 'with' users. :-)
--
Cheers,
David Clegg