Ok, so what's the price of Caliber RM

2004-05-10 11:17:32 PM
delphi240
Ok. So I have D8/Architect... It has a little "stub" for the Caliber RM
client.
I don't see where I can download a Caliber RM trial from the Borland site.
Nor do I see a price published for the product.
Can I download a trial?
And how much does it cost?
Thanks.
-d

Re:Ok, so what's the price of Caliber RM

Dennis Landi writes:
Can I download a trial?
Yes. IIRC, the download here:
www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_caliber.html
...comes with a trial (30 day?) license.
And how much does it cost?
Depends on the features you need, how many users you have, whether
these are named users or concurrent users, whether they'll need the
full client or the web viewer, etc. There are a lot of options, but in
general, it is in the same ballpark as Rational RequisitePro
(price-wise; from a features and usability point of view it leaves
Rational in its dust).
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase Performance Monitor -- Analyze and control your IB7
server: delphi.weblogs.com/IBPerformanceMonitor

Re:Ok, so what's the price of Caliber RM

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. vertexsoftware.com]>
writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Dennis Landi writes:

>Can I download a trial?

Yes. IIRC, the download here:

www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_caliber.html

...comes with a trial (30 day?) license.

>And how much does it cost?

Depends on the features you need, how many users you have, whether
these are named users or concurrent users, whether they'll need the
full client or the web viewer, etc. There are a lot of options, but in
general, it is in the same ballpark as Rational RequisitePro
(price-wise; from a features and usability point of view it leaves
Rational in its dust).

Thanks, downloading now. I tried this earlier from a different machine and
nothing happened. Guess I didn't have the right cookies in place...
-d

Re:Ok, so what's the price of Caliber RM

Oh, a salesperson will probably call you a day or so after you
download. They'll be able to tell you what the cost is for your
specific needs.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase 7 supports long-running transactions; read more here:
delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$379