Other similar (but non delphi) group

2008-04-02 07:21:23 PM
delphi226
Hello,
is there other similar non delphi group ?
I mean related to graphic programming ?
Thanks
John

Re:Other similar (but non delphi) group

John schrieb:
is there other similar non delphi group ?
I mean related to graphic programming ?
Right-click your news account and select "Subscribe". Click "Refresh" to
the right of the opening window to make sure recently created groups are
found. Enter "graphic" as the filter keyword and you will find some. Of
course, this will show all graphics groups but it is easy to find the
programming-related ones.
HTH
--
Painting, n.:
The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather, and

Re:Other similar (but non delphi) group

General newsgroups (you need a news server to subscribe). I read and answer
in them occasionally:
comp.graphics.algorithms
sci.image.processing
Top one is for graphical algorithms, bottom one is more for image processing
in scientific applications. These are for "general problems" concerning
graphics programming, if you have specific implementation problems, then the
delphi.graphics newsgroup is best, I think. Even if it is a pure GDI-related
question (not Delphi specific).
Kind regards,
Nils
"John" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schreef in bericht
Hello,

is there other similar non delphi group ?
I mean related to graphic programming ?

Thanks

John

Re:Other similar (but non delphi) group

Thanks Nils for your reply,
I still want to dev in Delphi but want to find a 2D graphic library that
can manage huge bitmaps, unfortunately this dos not exist as a delphi
library, so i have to search on the C++ side.
I have tryed to install Libvips under windows but it is a real nightmare....
You JPEG lib is great, but it cannot be use to do per pixel operations,
so I' going to find something that is tiled-based like gimp.
Thanks
John

Re:Other similar (but non delphi) group

John,
I don't know what your needs are but.... Here are a few links that I
have collected when I was hunting for solutions/tips/ideas in Color
Recognition.
Check them they may be able to satisfy your requirement.
sourceforge.net/projects/openptc/
ptcpas.sourceforge.net/
www.simplesystems.org/PtcMagick/
www.xdp.it/ (cxImage is the product)
noodle.med.yale.edu/
www.mathworks.com/products/image/description1.html
www.scilab.org/
Regards,
Yogi Yang

Re:Other similar (but non delphi) group

Thanks Yogi for your reply.
i have finally found the beast ... ImageMagick
Two mains feature (at least for me):
- Large image support: read, process, or write mega- and giga-pixel
image sizes
-Threads of execution support: ImageMagick is thread safe and many
internal algorithms are already threaded to take advantage of speed-ups
offered by the dual and quad-core processor technologies
and last but not least :
wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/PascalMagick

Re:Other similar (but non delphi) group

and last but not least :

wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/PascalMagick
That's actually one I helped on I think, a long time ago, but I thought it
was more or less dead. Success with it though. Problem with ImageMagick are
always the header files and getting it all to run together.

Re:Other similar (but non delphi) group

Nils,
yes in the past I have used your own header file, but at this time the
library didn't manage large bitmap and multicore..now it does
As far I remember, you header version supported only 24bit image.
I will try first to work with a C compiler (because pascalMagik is 2
years old) and then try to update the headers.
For Large image libVips is the best one, but compiling under windows is
a real nightmare due to a lot of dependancies...so it is time to come
back to ImageMagick...
Nothing to do with this subject :
any plan to add printing function in your jpeg library ?
Thanks
John
That's actually one I helped on I think, a long time ago, but I thought it
was more or less dead. Success with it though. Problem with ImageMagick are
always the header files and getting it all to run together.

Re:Other similar (but non delphi) group

I might add that yes, although with my NativeJpg lib you can already load
the Jpeg file in tiled mode and "draw" tiles to the printer canvas. But I
agree, you'd have to implement this double-loop yourself at the moment. I
already did such a thing for my DtpDocuments library so I will try to add a
print method soon to NativeJpg as well.