Indy TIdtelnet

2007-09-26 05:43:48 AM
delphi197
Hi,
I'm looking to somehow edit the indy Tidtelnet source as to change the
rows and columns that are defined when opening a new telnet session.
does anyone know what I am talking about? I assume there is some kind of
communication in the protocol which defines the amount of rows and
colums in the session which is setup at the start of a session.
any help would be greatly appreciated
dean

Re:Indy TIdtelnet

"Dean Humphreys" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I'm looking to somehow edit the indy Tidtelnet source as
to change the rows and columns that are defined when
opening a new telnet session.
There is no such thing as rows and columns in TIdTelnet. It is a socke
connection, not a window. Whatever you are seeing is strictly in the data
that is being transmitted. That is where you need to make your changes, not
in TIdTelnet.
I assume there is some kind of communication in the protocol
which defines the amount of rows and colums in the session
which is setup at the start of a session.
There is not.
Gambit

Re:Indy TIdtelnet

Ok, but there must be some command sent or some parameter to define the
buffer size or something because if i use windows telnet client, and say
for instance i type "dir" then amount of data that is returned is much
more than if I use the indy object.
any ideas?
dean

Re:Indy TIdtelnet

"Dean Humphreys" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Ok, but there must be some command sent or some
parameter to define the buffer size or something
There is not. That is not how the Telnet protocol works.
if i use windows telnet client, and say for instance i type "dir"
then amount of data that is returned is much more than if I
use the indy object.
Then you are not sending the same commands that the Windows client does.
That has nothing to do with the Telnet protocol itself. I suggest you use a
packet sniffer, such as Ethereal/Wireshark, to see what is different between
what you send and what Windows sends.
Gambit