on need data

2004-11-11 10:53:07 PM
delphi213
I am using the onneeddata event to populate labels in a detail band. In the
before print eventof the report I open a number of datasets for the label
captions. The report has a page headerband . If the all the datasets are
empty, the header band does not print. The code in the onneeddata event
returns a false. My original thought was .. I attached a child band to the
pageheader. In its beforeprint event I tested for any data in the datasets,
and if there was none, the child band would print with a message indicating
'No data available'. But this code is not executing. Why isn't the
pageheader being printed?
thanks