Outlook MailItem -- .sender? .From?

2003-10-14 02:18:17 AM
delphi167
I'm trying to read the "From" and "ReplyTo" fields from an Outlook MailItem,
but can not seem to find them. The .CC and .BCC properties are there as
expected, but somehow I just can not find the equivalent of .From and
.ReplyTo. Does anyone know how to extract this information from this
object?
(There's so much in there I bet I could find .AstrologicalSign and .ShoeSize
if I looked hard enough :)
Does anyone have a known-good code snipped that returns this information as
a string?
Thanks,
Matt

Re:Outlook MailItem -- .sender? .From?

Okay, guess that was a stumper. Anyone know where someone can get decent
docs on Delphi's Outlook support?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:18:17 -0700, "Matt" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I'm trying to read the "From" and "ReplyTo" fields from an Outlook MailItem,
but can not seem to find them.
The SenderName property contains the sender's name, but the sender's
e-mail address is not exposed through Outlook's object model. You can
use CDO to retrieve that information. Take a look at
groups.google.com/groups&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3b95cf71_1%40dnews.
---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
develop.shorterpath.com/yorai

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:30:11 -0700, "Matt" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Okay, guess that was a stumper. Anyone know where someone can get decent
docs on Delphi's Outlook support?
Delphi's Outlook component are merely wrappers around Microsoft's
Automation objects. You can find the documentation for these objects
in the Office VB(Visual Basic) reference, or on MSDN Library
(msdn.microsoft.com/library). You can also discuss these
objects in the b.p.d.oleautomation group.
---

"Yorai Aminov (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:30:11 -0700, "Matt" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>Okay, guess that was a stumper. Anyone know where someone can get decent
>docs on Delphi's Outlook support?

Delphi's Outlook component are merely wrappers around Microsoft's
Automation objects. You can find the documentation for these objects
in the Office VB(Visual Basic) reference, or on MSDN Library
(msdn.microsoft.com/library). You can also discuss these
objects in the b.p.d.oleautomation group.

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
develop.shorterpath.com/yorai
Thanks; I will try that. Seems like a glaring omission of something pretty
basic (the word "moronic" comes to mind). My impression of Microsoft drops
yet another notch...

Re:Outlook MailItem -- .sender? .From?

The sample code at that link looks like something I could adapt (I've never
used MAPI but I will muddle through it). However, I can not even begin to
compile it because the Uses sections mentions MAPI items that I don't have
(i.e. MAPIDefs, MAPITags, MAPIUtil). Where can I find these libraries?
Thanks,
Matt

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:05:55 -0700, "Matt" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
(i.e. MAPIDefs, MAPITags, MAPIUtil). Where can I find these libraries?
Try this:
www.dimastr.com/outspy/download/MAPI_headers.zip
---