I get this message

2003-10-18 03:55:57 AM
delphi203
"Record not found or changed by another user."
D7 Ent and deleting or editing from Infopower DBGrid. Inserting works fine.
Is anybody familiar with this error?
Thanks
Russ

Re:I get this message

Last time I saw that error it was because we were using Oracle 7 client
drivers on an Oracle 8 database.
I'd say check the version of your client drivers.
"Russ Holcomb" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
"Record not found or changed by another user."

D7 Ent and deleting or editing from Infopower DBGrid. Inserting works
fine.
Is anybody familiar with this error?

Thanks

Russ

Re:I get this message

Russ,
I'm assuming your still using MS SQL, what data-access components (BDE,
ADO) are you using? How are you deleting/updating the data?
Search for your error on www.fulltextsearch.com and..
- Make sure your TFields provider flags are set accordingly
- Make sure any Update/Delete triggers start off with SET NOCOUNT ON
(suppresses the "Rows Affected" message)
- Make sure any stored procedure called from Update/Delete triggers have SET
NOCOUNT ON
- For ADO, make sure the TADODataSet.MarshallOptions is set accordingly. For
the BDE, TQuery.UpdateMode
Good luck,
krf
"Russ Holcomb" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
"Record not found or changed by another user."

D7 Ent and deleting or editing from Infopower DBGrid. Inserting works
fine.
Is anybody familiar with this error?

Thanks

Russ

Re:I get this message

MS SQL, ADO components from D7. XP Professional, using a inforpower
clientdataset. The clientdataset delete works but the applyupdates fails.
Thanks
Russ
"Kevin Frevert" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes