RE: Interbase Server - blocked

Hi
I run into this problem when installed Interbase Server on Win Server 2003.
My client cannot access to the server but have no problem access on the
server.
Is this because Interbase Server communication port is blocked by windows
firewall?
Thanks in advance.
Raymond

Re: Interbase Server - blocked

Hello, Raymond!
Raymond Lye writes:
I run into this problem when installed Interbase Server on Win Server 2003.
My client cannot access to the server but have no problem access on the
server.
Is this because Interbase Server communication port is blocked by windows
firewall?
not by firewall, but for other applications/needs.
Read
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/HowToReservePort3050ForIBInWin2003Server.aspx
--
Dmitri Kouzmenko, www.ibanalyst.com

Dmitry Kuzmenko writes:
>I run into this problem when installed Interbase Server on Win
>Server 2003. My client cannot access to the server but have no
>problem access on the server.
>Is this because Interbase Server communication port is blocked by
>windows firewall?

not by firewall, but for other applications/needs.
It could be either one (firewall or other application), I think.
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
news server: info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re: Interbase Server - blocked

Hi,
Windows 2003 comes with firewall on by default. Either disable it or
configure it to allow a particular port. I came across the same problem
while i am working with DB2.
Cheers,
Thiru.
WantedToBeDBA.