Table of Contents (Book)

2005-05-05 05:11:37 AM
delphi114
Hello All;
Is there a component that looks like a
Books - Table of Contents?
Right now what I am doing is adding a "TLabel" for all
The Listings in the Project.
But it would be nice if this can be done a different way.
More professional looking.
Thanks All;
Wayne

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

"Wayne & Carr" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Is there a component that looks like a
Books - Table of Contents?

Right now what I am doing is adding a "TLabel" for all
The Listings in the Project.
Wayne:
TList?
Carr:
TTreeview?
(didn't want anybody to feel neglected).
--
Download Blackbird Crow Raven's book
"STILL CASTING SHADOWS: Two American Families 1620-2006"

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Wayne:
TList?

Carr:
TTreeview?

(didn't want anybody to feel neglected).
Thanks Crazy Horse;
My name is Wayne
My son's name is Carr ;-)
Got him on everything thing.
I was thinking about using the TTreeView.
But do not think about the TList.
I will check in on the TList and see what I can find out about it.
Thanks a bunch.
Wayne

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Don't quite understand what you want - could you use HTML?
Regards
Mike

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

You may want to consider using HTML. The component from www.pbear.com
is excellent, and should be able to work for what you need. It would also
allow you to keep the layout of the TOC in a separate file or database,
allowing you or your users to customize its appearance.
HTH.
--
Tim Sullivan
Unlimited Intelligence Limited

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Sorry for not being more upfront on what I want needing.
The project is like Catalog. But Software Catalog (Virtual)
Using TPageControl & TFrames.
The "Table of Content" Would have to be able to
Select the Pages of the TTabSheets.
Take Care
Wayne

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Thanks Tim.
I will play around with it sometime tomorrow.
Take Care
Wayne

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Sorry for not being more upfront on what I want needing.

The project is like Catalog. But Software Catalog (Virtual)

Using TPageControl & TFrames.
The "Table of Content" Would have to be able to
Select the Pages of the TTabSheets.
Sure, you can do that. The HTML can be generate by your app, and when you
click a hotlink you can have it go to the tabsheet you need. No problemo.
--
Tim Sullivan
Unlimited Intelligence Limited
www.uil.net

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Hi, Wayne!
Wayne & Carr napsal(a):
The project is like Catalog. But Software Catalog (Virtual)

Using TPageControl & TFrames.
The "Table of Content" Would have to be able to
Select the Pages of the TTabSheets.
You might give a try to TJvSettingsTreeView in conjunction with
TJvPageList controls (containing a set of TJvStandardPage controls)
that were designed exactly for this purpose. They're part of JVCL 3.
Be sure to check out the PageListDemo in
{JVCL}\Examples\JvPageListTreeView directory. I am sure that this is
what you're after. It is a matter of a few clicks and setting a couple
of properties at designtime to establish system like one you need.
Should you have some problems with the setup, feel free to post them here.
--
Ivo Bauer
Software Developer

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Hello ["Ivo Bauer"];
Every time that I try to install the newest version of the JVCL
It never works? ( For note. I am using Delphi 6.02 )
The JVL I can install it by using the "install.bat"
But cannot use the "JVCL install.bat"
It will not launch, not ever from a Dos Prompt.
But after I successfully install the JVL using the install.bat.
And then start Delphi up afterwards, to try and install the JVCL.
I get nothing but a shot load of errors.
(I tried to install this before, and could never get it done.
So I have just been using the 2.10 stable Version.)
Any suggestions on the best practice for installing
JVC & JVCL "Recent Versions"?
Thanks.
Wayne

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

I try to install the JVCL. and this is what pops up when
I Right Click in the "Project Manager" to install the first package.
JVCoreD6D.bpl
---------------------------
View Form (Shift+F12): delphi32.exe - Entry Point Not Found
---------------------------
The procedure entry point @Jvdataproviderintf@initialization$qqrv could not
be located in the dynamic link library JvCoreD6R.bpl.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
Any idea's?
Thanks all
Wayne

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Hi, Wayne!
Wayne & Carr napsal(a):
Any suggestions on the best practice for installing
JVC & JVCL "Recent Versions"?
1) Completely uninstall existing versions of JCL and JVCL from your
Delphi IDE and also get rid of all their traces scattered across the
hard drive. This needs to be done carefully in order to avoid {*word*193}
problems to appear at a later time.
2) Download the JVCL 3.00 bundled with JCL 1.95 (build 1848) from the
following site:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=45786
3) Install the latest JCL by launching {JCL}\Install.bat
4) Install the latest JVCL by launching {JVCL}\Install.bat
It always worked fine for me and there never was a reason to install
anything manually.
Let us know how you did get on.
--

Wayne & Carr napsal(a):
I try to install the JVCL. and this is what pops up when
I Right Click in the "Project Manager" to install the first package.
JVCoreD6D.bpl

---------------------------
View Form (Shift+F12): delphi32.exe - Entry Point Not Found
---------------------------
The procedure entry point @Jvdataproviderintf@initialization$qqrv could not
be located in the dynamic link library JvCoreD6R.bpl.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
Are you sure that there isn't another package of the same name
(possibly pertaining to some older JVCL version) in the search path?
See my other reply and give the automated installer a try.
--
Ivo Bauer
Software Developer
OZM Research, s.r.o.
ModLink - MODBUS Messaging Components for Delphi
www.ozm.cz/ivobauer/modlink/

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

After this Error
---------------------------
View Form (Shift+F12): delphi32.exe - Entry Point Not Found
---------------------------
The procedure entry point @Jvdataproviderintf@initialization$qqrv could
not
be located in the dynamic link library JvCoreD6R.bpl.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

I receive this error.
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
Can't load package
e:\borland-development\delphi6\Projects\Bpl\JvCoreD6D.bpl.
The specified procedure could not be found.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Re:Table of Contents (Book)

Hello ["Ivo Bauer" ];
Finally got the new JVCL installed. What a mess.
Come to find out there was some bad old .bpl files sitting in the \bin\
folder.
I finally got to check out the Example that you referred me about.
But unfortunantly, using that I'd not be able to do.
Several reasons:
#1: Total redesign on my project now.
I have over 125hrs in the project so far, and not about to start it
over again.
Not right now, maybe in a future release, as this project is going to
be one
of them projects that is constantly updated and new builds on a
bi-weekly basis.
So the future might see something like this in it.
#2: Actually #1, basically explains it all ;-)
Though I do like the way it is layed out, I just cannot do something like
that right now.
I think that I am going to try what Tim Sullivan suggested, and see if it
will benefit in the
Project.
Like mentioned above, the project for future builds, there is no telling
what it will take
on, and what it will be like, but right now, I am already several months
behind on it.
Due to the unfortunant fact, that I am the only one working on this project.
So I have to do all the research, and create everything. So I need something
To make the project nice, but productively fast in the same breath.
Take Care and thanks for the advice and information on this.
Wayne