SourceForge bug system.enabled := false;

2003-09-10 11:59:32 PM
delphi215
i read on the Bug list page of indy site :
"The SourceForge bug system for Indy has been disabled and will no longer
accept entries from public users.
Users have abused the system by entering requests for tech support, not
properly verifying bugs, or checking for duplicates. Because the quality of
the bug reports was so low, the Indy team was left to briefly review each
report and ignore the rest as our time is limited and is not wisely spent
chasing wild geese. This produced a festering swamp of bad reports that
overshadowed the valid reports.
Because of this access is restricted in the new bug system for the time
being. In the future we will open it up to more users as we formulate a
reliable and efficient user verification method."
I'me sorry because one time I have inserted twice a bug report (duplicate) but
the bug is still real : in indy 9, cookies.pas,
TIdNetscapeCookie.IsValidCookie doesn't manage correctly cookies for
subdomains
(ex : a cookie available for MyDomain.com should be also available for
sub.MyDomain.com)
It should be fixed because for some applications it is causes some troubles.
Thank you.

Re:SourceForge bug system.enabled := false;

"Félix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
It should be fixed because for some applications it is causes some
troubles.
Please feel free to report it in the Indy newsgroups at news://news.atozedsoftware.com/
if you haven't already done so.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:SourceForge bug system.enabled := false;

"F lix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
i read on the Bug list page of indy site :
It also says to post so we can see them. There is also a read only public
link, and if you look you will find bug #9 for Indy 10 is this, I think its
probably the same as yours no?
Subject: Possible bug in cookie manager?
From: "Homer" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
Newsgroups: atozedsoftware.indy.general
Hello!
I'm using version 9.0.14 and when trying to connect to hotmail, found that
can't becouse of the cookies. The bug is in line 304 of file IdCookie.pas.
The original line was:
result := FDomain = DomainName(AServerHost); in the IsValidCookie
procedure.
With hotmail and some cookies, FDomain is equal to ".msn.com" and
AServerHost is www.hotmail.msn.com. In this case, it is a valid cookie, but
as DomainName returns .hotmail.msn.com then the cookie is dropped. So I
change the code to:
result := FDomain = RightStr(DomainName(AServerHost),
Length(FDomain));
Now, it works ok.
Qualified help FAST with Indy Experts Support
from the experts themselves:
www.atozedsoftware.com/indy/experts/support.html

Re:SourceForge bug system.enabled := false;

yes it is the same ! so maybe I am not so guilty for the The SourceForge bug
system closing !
I've got other possible bugs...
i've just reported on in news://news.atozedsoftware.indy.protocol.http
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

From: "Homer" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
Newsgroups: atozedsoftware.indy.general

--
Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - www.hower.org/Kudzu/

"F?lix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in news:3f604b56$1
@newsgroups.borland.com:
yes it is the same ! so maybe I am not so guilty for the The SourceForge
system closing !
Not at all. :)
We certainly had valid reports in there. But there was so much junk in there
too that it just became a festering swamp. Because of this, aside from
initial review when we got the emails, they Indy team pretty much ignored SF.
The new system solves this and provides us with many other advantages.
I've got other possible bugs...
i've just reported on in news://news.atozedsoftware.indy.protocol.http
Your bug reports seem to be of good quality and checked. If you like I can
give you an account directly to report bugs if you also agree to minimally
help by occasionally grabbing reports from others in the NG that are "Good
candidates" and entering them.
If interested please email me privately at chad at hower that-dot-thing org
Is Indy useful to you? Send a postcard please!
www.hower.org/kudzu/indypost.html