Baffled and Confused... on Word Automation find

Greetings;
I am using Delphi 6 to automate MSWord on a search and replace mission. All
is working fine except for a carriage return in the memo field.
I have text in the memo that needs the CR inserted into the word doc.
I have tried several approachs and none seem to work. Since the memo
lines can vary in length, I choose to send a line to the search/replace
routine plus the search field (i.e. replace <fieldname>with 'memo
line'+<fieldname>until the last memo line is encountered then
<fieldname>is dropped) this works okay but I cannot get a CR from the
memo into the word doc. by current function looks like this
WordApp.Selection.Find.ClearFormatting;
WordApp.Selection.Find.Text := FT;//FT is the <FieldName>text
if leftstr(RT,7)='<Vendor' then //if a CR is encountered, rt=
''+'<VendorSrvs>' or ''+'<VendorComp>'
WordApp.Selection.TypeParagraph; //my last hope to insert CR...
WordApp.Selection.Find.Replacement.Text := RT;
WordApp.Selection.Find.Forward := True; //rest of the function
WordApp.Selection.Find.MatchAllWordForms := False;
WordApp.Selection.Find.MatchCase := true;
WordApp.Selection.Find.MatchWildcards := False;
WordApp.Selection.Find.MatchSoundsLike := False;
WordApp.Selection.Find.MatchWholeWord := False;
WordApp.Selection.Find.MatchFuzzy := False;
WordApp.Selection.Find.Wrap := wdFindContinue;
WordApp.Selection.Find.Format := False;
WordApp.Selection.Find.Execute(Replace := wdReplaceAll);
IS there a way to force the CR into the replace string? If so, can you
point me to the correct way?
Thanks for your time
Regards
Bill