Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

2005-10-27 07:03:34 PM
delphi228
Uffe Kousgaard schrieb:
"orwah" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
news:4360ad97$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

>can we expect good support for MySql5 in Delphi 2006 ??

MySQL 5 is too late for Delphi 2006 (out-of-the-box), so you will either
have to use 3rd party access layers or wait for next major release of
Delphi.

Regards
Uffe

It is always better to use thirt-party Tools if you want to access
databases and make money with your applications.
I'm using Core Lab-Tools (www.crlab.com/) which are the fastest
components that I found for MySQL.

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

What do you think about www.microolap.com ?
The dbx driver is the fastest/most complete there is for mysql...
"Bernhard Geyer" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
It is always better to use thirt-party Tools if you want to access
databases and make money with your applications.

I'm using Core Lab-Tools (www.crlab.com/) which are the fastest
components that I found for MySQL.

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

 MySQL5 new features include both read-only and updated views, stored
procedures row-level triggers, both read-only and non-scrolling server-
side cursors, and stored functions
dev.mysql.com/
www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1876702,00.asp
can we expect good support for MySql5 in Delphi 2006 ??
----
please Borland .. do that for us ??
-------------
www.orwah.net

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

Delphi 2006 will support mySQL 4.05
Venkatesh

Bernhard Geyer writes:
It is always better to use thirt-party Tools if you want to access
databases and make money with your applications.
Except for those of us that don't use third-party database tools and
make money with our applications that access databases.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

How about open source - would you use any open source tools?
Cristian Nicola
"Dave Nottage [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Uffe Kousgaard writes:
MySQL 5 is too late for Delphi 2006 (out-of-the-box), so you will either
have to use 3rd party access layers or wait for next major release of
Delphi.
Uffe,
I beleive it is not impossible that we'll see some update pack to
support it when it is available.
Regards
Rgds,
Uffe
Andrew

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

Delphi 2006 will support mySQL 4.05
Venkatesh
Now, that is an oudated version of MySQL :-D
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies
"Uffe Kousgaard" <look_at_www.routeware.dk>writes:
>"orwah" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>
>>can we expect good support for MySql5 in Delphi 2006 ??
>
>MySQL 5 is too late for Delphi 2006 (out-of-the-box), so you will either
>have to use 3rd party access layers or wait for next major release of
>Delphi.
>
>Regards
>Uffe

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

Don't bet on it. The track record for dbExpress driver updates
is poor at best.
Andrea Raimondi writes:
Uffe Kousgaard writes:

>MySQL 5 is too late for Delphi 2006 (out-of-the-box), so you will
>either have to use 3rd party access layers or wait for next major
>release of Delphi.

Uffe,

I beleive it is not impossible that we'll see some update pack to
support it when it is available.

>Regards

Rgds,

>Uffe

Andrew
--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

Andrea Raimondi <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in news:4360d0d2
@newsgroups.borland.com:
I beleive it is not impossible that we'll see some update pack to
support it when it is available.
agreed. I asked about separating BDP releases from BDS releases during the
chat. It seems they want to do that, they just don't have the resources
right now.
--
Iman

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

They have been promising this since D6. I will believe it
when I see it. Even better would be to ship the source to the
drivers. Then we could fix things our selves and post the fixes
to QC.
Iman L Crawford writes:
Andrea Raimondi <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in news:4360d0d2
@newsgroups.borland.com:

>I beleive it is not impossible that we'll see some update pack to
>support it when it is available.

agreed. I asked about separating BDP releases from BDS releases during the
chat. It seems they want to do that, they just don't have the resources
right now.

--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager
Wash DC Delphi SIG Chairperson
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork
www.bss-software.com
www.cpcug.org/user/delphi/index.html
sourceforge.net/projects/chromeportal/
sourceforge.net/projects/uopl/
sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

Cant say as ive had much luck with Borland's data access layers either.
I had to buy odbc express years ago and now thankfully there is ADO.
Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
Bernhard Geyer writes:

>It is always better to use thirt-party Tools if you want to access
>databases and make money with your applications.

Except for those of us that don't use third-party database tools and
make money with our applications that access databases.

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

Buy a 3rd party app where the db access code compiles into your app if
you really want maintenance free deployments. Unless of course you have
to support multiple databases.

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

Thomas Miller writes:
They have been promising this since D6.
Uh, no, Thomas. We have not been *PROMISING* it. Please do us the
courtesy of distinguishing between a promise and a desire. We are
already unhappy with being unable to break out the drivers from the IDE
releases. There is no reason to insult us and call us liars at the same
time.
TIA
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: Delphi 2006 and MySql 5

OK, promising is to strong of a word, how about "intent".
Can you lawyers jump in here and referee this things :-o