Compile error classes.pas! BUG????

Hi there,

I hv the following problem.
I am porting an Application from Delphi1 to D4 UpdatePack3 and while doing so
I get the following error message while compiling:

ERROR Fatal File (LIBpath)\classes.pas not found.

The file classes.pas is located in the \source\vcl directory not in the
libpath!
The funny thing is, that the error only raises when trying to compile with
design time packages!!!!! When compiling with runtime packages i get no
compile error?!?!?

Is this a bug in Delphi4???
Has anybody a workaround - the application has to be compiled with design time
packages!

This is urgent!

Tia,

rafael otero

Re:Compile error classes.pas! BUG????

Hi there,

I hv the following problem.
I am porting an Application from Delphi1 to D4 UpdatePack3 and while doing so
I get the following error message while compiling:

ERROR Fatal File (LIBpath)\classes.pas not found.

The file classes.pas is located in the \source\vcl directory not in the
libpath!
The funny thing is, that the error only raises when trying to compile with
design time packages!!!!! When compiling with runtime packages i get no
compile error?!?!?

Is this a bug in Delphi4???
Has anybody a workaround - the application has to be compiled with design time
packages!

This is urgent!

Tia,

rafael otero

Re:Compile error classes.pas! BUG????

Is the location of classes.pas listed in your library path? I get that all the
time- I have to list the path to that file in Tools- Options, then click the
"Library" tab. Enter the path to classes.pas first in the list.

Other Threads