Cached Updates Error???

Hi!!

I've got a problem. There is a Paradox Table. Some of fields have defult
value. When I add new reckord in form fields with default value are set
to the right values. later when in table properties I set Cached Updates
on true this same field are empty..
Is it any erroe in Delphi 3 or I'm doing something wrong.
I'a looking for your answer.

Grzegorz Masal
gma...@oak.ia.polsl.gliwice.pl

Re:Cached Updates Error???

Ive discovered the same problem with an AutoInc-Field. I guess there
Default values are set when writing to the database. By using CachedUpdates
you dont write to the database only by calling "Commit", so the default
values are not set and there is NOTHING!!! you can do about it.
But for your problem i would set the default values in the OnNewRecord-Event
of the table.

--
Andreas Klein
Remove XXX from my eMail

Grzegorz Masal schrieb in Nachricht
<35750D2D.6...@oak.ia.polsl.gliwice.pl>...

>Hi!!

>I've got a problem. There is a Paradox Table. Some of fields have defult
>value. When I add new reckord in form fields with default value are set
>to the right values. later when in table properties I set Cached Updates
>on true this same field are empty..
>Is it any erroe in Delphi 3 or I'm doing something wrong.
>I'a looking for your answer.

>Grzegorz Masal
>gma...@oak.ia.polsl.gliwice.pl

Re:Cached Updates Error???

On Wed, 03 Jun 1998 10:45:33 +0200, Grzegorz Masal

<gma...@oak.ia.polsl.gliwice.pl> wrote:

I would set the "CachedUpdates" property before you do any edits and
then call "ApplyUpdates" instead of "Commit".
>Hi!!

>I've got a problem. There is a Paradox Table. Some of fields have defult
>value. When I add new reckord in form fields with default value are set
>to the right values. later when in table properties I set Cached Updates
>on true this same field are empty..
>Is it any erroe in Delphi 3 or I'm doing something wrong.
>I'a looking for your answer.

>Grzegorz Masal
>gma...@oak.ia.polsl.gliwice.pl

Other Threads