INTERBASE 5.5 SLOWER ON WIN 2K THAN WIN NT

We had an ordinary desktop PC PIII, 512 MB RAM 15 GB HDD as network server with WINDOWS NT-4 running interbase 5.5 with around 45 clients giving very very good results. (TCP/IP Mode) Software developed in Delphi - 5. TTable Components were used.

We changed the server to a realtime server class IBM @server 232 model with PIII - 1 GHZ, 512 MB RAM, 15 GB DUAL Processor, DUAL hard disk high end Server.

Now the software runs considerably slower (about 50%). I came to know that interbase runs better on a single processor. so I set the affinity of the interbase process to 1 processor. Still no change in the results.

Please help

Re:INTERBASE 5.5 SLOWER ON WIN 2K THAN WIN NT

> We changed the server to a realtime server class IBM @server 232 model

with PIII - 1 GHZ, 512 MB RAM, 15 GB DUAL Processor, DUAL hard disk high end
Server.

That is your problem. IB doesn't behaves well on SMP machines. Use
IBAffinity.

By the way, you should upgrade to IB 5.6 because prior to this version there
is a bug that can corrupt your GDB files.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Other Threads