Borland and Microsoft Team to Deliver Enterprise Database Development Solution for the Microsoft .NET

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030602/25427_1.html

Rosimildo

Re:Borland and Microsoft Team to Deliver Enterprise Database Development Solution for the Microsoft .NET

Rosimildo da Silva wrote:

> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030602/25427_1.html

Thanks. So busy prepping my talks on C#Builder here at tech ed, been
falling behind on these administrative things.

--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, http://bdn.borland.com
$1280/$50K: http://homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/thanks.html

Re:Borland and Microsoft Team to Deliver Enterprise Database Development Solution for the Microsoft .NET

Borland, Microsoft Move Closer on Databases
Rosimildo da Silva wrote:

> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030602/25427_1.html

> Rosimildo

Re:Borland and Microsoft Team to Deliver Enterprise Database Development Solution for the Microsoft .NET

So, is this just for C#Builder only, or will Delphi also ship with SQL
Server in future ?

Cheers,
Andy Mackie

"Andy Mackie" <_@_> wrote in message

> So, is this just for C#Builder only, or will Delphi also ship with SQL
> Server in future ?

> Cheers,
> Andy Mackie

If it is full M$ Sqlserver Developers Edition then you may use it with
Delphi, but I'm quite certain that there is some 'license adjustments' to
prevent that. I also remarked from
http://www.borland.com/csharpbuilder/pdf/csharp_techview.pdf
that Developer edition is bundled with Enterprise editon and in that case in
my point of view thanks for nothing.

Re:Borland and Microsoft Team to Deliver Enterprise Database Development Solution for the Microsoft .NET

Just curious, will you guys ship Interbase with C# Builder?

--
Brian Moelk
bmoel...@SPAMbrainendeavorFOR.MEcom

Brian Moelk wrote:
> Just curious, will you guys ship Interbase with C# Builder?

        C#Builder includes InterBase, SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle, IIRC.

        -Craig

  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase PLANalyzer 1.1 -- Free InterBase query optimization
  tool: http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote:
>> Just curious, will you guys ship Interbase with C# Builder?

> C#Builder includes InterBase, SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle, IIRC.

I doubt that it will include installation disks for DB2 and Oracle.

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:Borland and Microsoft Team to Deliver Enterprise Database Development Solution for the Microsoft .NET

Dave,

> I doubt that it will include installation disks for DB2 and Oracle.

hehe. those will probably ship in an extra box. How many CDs is Oracle
nowadays, 347? <g>

Dave Nottage (TeamB) wrote:
> > C#Builder includes InterBase, SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle, IIRC.

> I doubt that it will include installation disks for DB2 and Oracle.

        I recalled incorrectly about Oracle, but I think I'm right about DB2...

        Michael Swindell posted this to b.p.csharpbuilder.non-technical:

"As for runtime licenses, the only component that requires a runtime
redist license in C#Builder is Janeva. That would be with the exception
of the database server development editions (DE's) that are included
(MSSQL, DB2, and Interbase, about a $1500 value for the included DE's)
- each of those requires a licensed server. The editions that are
included in C#Builder are licensed for development time only."

        This stands to reason given Borland's two-way agreement with IBM.

        -Craig

  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
Useful articles about InterBase and Delphi development:
  http://delphi.weblogs.com/articles

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote:
> Michael Swindell posted this to b.p.csharpbuilder.non-technical:

> "As for runtime licenses, the only component that requires a runtime
> redist license in C#Builder is Janeva. That would be with the
> exception of the database server development editions (DE's) that are
> included (MSSQL, DB2, and Interbase, about a $1500 value for the
> included DE's) - each of those requires a licensed server. The
> editions that are included in C#Builder are licensed for development
> time only."

Cool! <g>

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:Borland and Microsoft Team to Deliver Enterprise Database Development Solution for the Microsoft .NET

> > C#Builder includes InterBase, SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle, IIRC.

I should have looked at the datasheets before; I just found it strange that
they made a big "announcement" about MSSQL.  I suppose the big thing is
having a link from the SQL Server page to C#Builder.

> I doubt that it will include installation disks for DB2 and Oracle.

The pdf on the website says all of those for the Enterprise edition.
Perhaps a DVD?

--
Brian Moelk
bmo...@NObrainendeavorSPAM.FORcomME