ReportSmith / password protected Paradox table

How do I generate a report in ReportSmith using a password protected
Paradox table?  Ideally, I would like to pass the password to RS from
my application, but I can't get RS to even prompt me for a password.
It just refuses to open the table!

Re:ReportSmith / password protected Paradox table

Recently, I wrote:
>How do I generate a report in ReportSmith using a password protected
>Paradox table?  Ideally, I would like to pass the password to RS from
>my application, but I can't get RS to even prompt me for a password.
>It just refuses to open the table!

Well, after a call to Borland I learned what my problem was.
ReportSmith currently supports password protected Paradox 4.x tables,
but not password protected Paradox 5.0 tables.  Unfortunately, one of
my tables uses timestamp fields heavily, so I can't easily convert it
to 4.x format without rewriting one of my applications.  Given the
choice between password protection and reports (at least for the time
being), I chose reports.

Other Threads