Access "AllowZeroLength" via D5-ADO

Hi all,

in an existing Access MDB I have to change different tableproperties. I have problems in changing the allow zero length property. I can't find any ADOCommand doing this. There is no tablefieldproperty relating to this access-property. Creating a new table doesn't work because the default value is false and I need to set it to true.

Has anyone an idea??

Regards,
Uli

Re:Access "AllowZeroLength" via D5-ADO

Hi Ulrich,

> in an existing Access MDB I have to change different tableproperties. I have

problems in changing the allow zero length property. I can't find any ADOCommand
doing this. There is no tablefieldproperty relating to this access-property.
Creating a new table doesn't work because the default value is false and I need to
set it to true.

This has been asked many times in this newsgroup. Make a search on
http://groups.google.com/groups
on "Allow Zero Length" and "Delphi" and you should find the answers you need.

Thrse

Re:Access "AllowZeroLength" via D5-ADO

>in an existing Access MDB I have to change different tableproperties. I have problems in changing the allow zero length property. I can't find any ADOCommand doing this. There is no tablefieldproperty relating to this access-property.

I can't think of any field properties you can change via ADO but
I don't know why Microsoft has not allowed this property to be set via SQL as a
constraint.  But they have not implemented this.
The only way to do it is to import the ADOX type library and do it with ADOX
methods.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com