Showing MDIChild hints on the MDIParent form

I have an MDI application where I would would like all the child form's
Hints to display in the mainform's statusbar.

I have the main form's hints showing in the status bar but the child
form's hints don't display in the status bar at all.

Can the child form's hints be redirected?

Thanks in advance.

Re:Showing MDIChild hints on the MDIParent form

Reid Roman wrote:
> I have an MDI application where I would would like all the child form's
> Hints to display in the mainform's statusbar.

> I have the main form's hints showing in the status bar but the child
> form's hints don't display in the status bar at all.

> Can the child form's hints be redirected?

In a method of your main form attached to Screen.OnActiveFormChange
write:

  if ActiveMDIChild <> nil then
    StatusBar.SimpleText := ActiveMDIChild.Hint
  else
    StatusBar.SimpleText := Application.Hint;

Greetings, Robert
--
Robert Ro?mair
http://home.t-online.de/home/Robert.Rossmair/

Re:Showing MDIChild hints on the MDIParent form

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:40:36 GMT, Reid Roman <rkro...@home.com> wrote:

I'm pretty new to this,
bt doesn't application.onhint do that?
Look in the helpfile for that.

T.

Re:Showing MDIChild hints on the MDIParent form

I have a OnHint handler in place to redirect the application's hints to
the main form's status bar, and in doing so I thought that would cover
the MDI child hint's as well but it doesn't.

I will add a new handler to handle the OnActiveFormChange handler, and
try redirecting it there as Robert mentioned..

Thanks

ReidR

TW wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:40:36 GMT, Reid Roman <rkro...@home.com> wrote: