MAXFILESHANDLE

Hi All,

Is there any reason I should NOT make the MAXFILESHANDLE in the Init section
of BDE config a high value such as 500.  What effect does a high value have
on the PC and what is recommended as the maximum value one should use (I
assume amount of memory should be taken into consideration?).

Regards

Alex

Re:MAXFILESHANDLE

Yes, you're right computer memory down with that number,
I recommend you to set a razonable number, equal to the database files

Roberto Martinez
LOMA Software

A Vasitch wrote:
> Hi All,

> Is there any reason I should NOT make the MAXFILESHANDLE in the Init section
> of BDE config a high value such as 500.  What effect does a high value have
> on the PC and what is recommended as the maximum value one should use (I
> assume amount of memory should be taken into consideration?).

> Regards

> Alex

Re:MAXFILESHANDLE

If the BDE consumes all available file handles Windows and your other
applications will probably crash.  Increase the number of file handles only
if you get errors indicating that the BDE is out of handles.

--
Bill Todd