Interclient doesn't commit transactions

Hello!

    We met the problem that Interclient 2.01 doesn't commit transactions
correctly even if we use Connection.commit() method. Changes is visible from
java application which uses FireBird but is not visible from other non-java
applications. Help me please....

Alexander.

Re:Interclient doesn't commit transactions

In article <3d4a8869_2@dnews>, w...@neonweb.ru says...

>     We met the problem that Interclient 2.01 doesn't commit transactions
> correctly even if we use Connection.commit() method. Changes is visible from
> java application which uses FireBird but is not visible from other non-java
> applications. Help me please....

        InterClient does not officially support Firebird.  You might try
asking your question on the Firebird newsgroups.

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Re:Interclient doesn't commit transactions

>     We met the problem that Interclient 2.01 doesn't commit transactions
> correctly even if we use Connection.commit() method. Changes is visible
from
> java application which uses FireBird but is not visible from other
non-java
> applications. Help me please....

I think that your "other" applications aren't refreshing result sets or they
uses repetable read transaction isolation instead of read commited. If your
java apps can see the commited changes the other applications should.

You can try pure java JDBC driver for firebird. You can download from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/firebird but be aware that still in beta and
you should down load the sources and compile it because rar and jar files
are outdated and lacks some implemented features and bug fixes.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Other Threads