Delphi2 not connecting to database

Hi all.

I am new to Delphi, and, using V2, am working my way through the
"Getting Started" tutorials.
Problem that I am getting is that despite following the tutorial to
the letter for setting up the GDS customer database, I cannot get any
information into the DBGrid field either at design or runtime.

I get the impression from the way the manuals are written that the
connection to the database is automatic - I do not need to have any
servers or additional programs running. I have also fully reinstalled
Delphi from the installation CD in case my machine corrupted the
original install.

Everything else is going well - it is only the database thing that
refuses to work.

Can anyone let me have some directions please?

Martin Lancaster

Re:Delphi2 not connecting to database

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:56:05 GMT, martin.lancas...@{*word*269}.net (Martin

Lancaster) wrote:
>I am new to Delphi, and, using V2, am working my way through the
>"Getting Started" tutorials.
>Problem that I am getting is that despite following the tutorial to
>the letter for setting up the GDS customer database, I cannot get any
>information into the DBGrid field either at design or runtime.

[...]

If I am not mistaken, you are suffering from a small, but critical step
missing in that tutorial. You need to set the Active property of the TTable
to True. Do this in the Object Inspector.

Steve Koterski                      "The knowledge of the world is only to
Technical Publications              be acquired in the world, and not in a
INPRISE Corporation                 closet."
http://www.inprise.com/delphi          -- Earl of Chesterfield (1694-1773)

Other Threads