Do BDE limited the size of vchar Field?

I have a table in ms sql server with a field type vchar(800).
but when I add Fields to FieldsEditor by a Query, the size of the field is not 800, but 255.

what can i do?

thanks.
Hydon Lee.

Re:Do BDE limited the size of vchar Field?

bde can only handle ms-sql 7 correctly.
In version 7 I think the vchar was limited to 255.

You have to use ADO to acces the newer data types.

Heiko

"hydonlee" <l...@digitalchina.com> wrote in message

> what can i do?

Drop BDE and migrate to DBX or ADO.

Cheers,
  Ignacio

Re:Do BDE limited the size of vchar Field?

Please do not multipost or cross post your messages. It violates
Borland's guidelines for using their newsgroups and wastes everyone's
time. Please post one message in the most appropriate newsgroup.
Answered in b.p.bde.

--
Bill (TeamB)