Required DLL VCL30.DPL not Found-Newbie

Hi,

This is the error I receive when trying to run an application compiled
for another computer.  Anyone have any ideas on how to cure this.  I
have been through options menu and environmental, but cannot find where
I am going wrong.  Please Help.

Joe R.

Re:Required DLL VCL30.DPL not Found-Newbie

You've compiled with runtime packages turned on.  You either need to
distribute the dpl's (they are in your windows\system directory) or turn off
use packages (in the options) and create a single exe.

Jeff Overcash

In article <35E3623D.1E24D...@igalaxy.net>, Joe Russell <jruss...@igalaxy.net>
wrote:

>Hi,

>This is the error I receive when trying to run an application compiled
>for another computer.  Anyone have any ideas on how to cure this.  I
>have been through options menu and environmental, but cannot find where
>I am going wrong.  Please Help.

>Joe R.

Re:Required DLL VCL30.DPL not Found-Newbie

Joe,
  When that application was compiled you specified to use runtime
packages.  When you do that, the code contained in (vcl30.dpl)  is not
linked into your application, so you must also deploy vcl30.dpl along
with your app.  This file gets put into the Windows\system directory.
Otherwise, just make sure that you do not specify to use runtime
packages.
 --- x
Xavier Pacheco (TeamB)
xav...@xapware.com