Text in graphics mode

Hello!

I just wonder if it's possible to write text to the screen in graphics
mode. I know I can turn DirectVideo to false, but the text then get so
big. Anyone knows how to do it in another way?

Sincerely,
Kenneth Nordum

Re:Text in graphics mode

In <4lm157$...@nms.telepost.no> knor...@telepost.no (Kenneth Nordum)
writes:

>Hello!

>I just wonder if it's possible to write text to the screen in graphics
>mode. I know I can turn DirectVideo to false, but the text then get so
>big. Anyone knows how to do it in another way?

>Sincerely,
>Kenneth Nordum

It is possible to look up the actual system font in memory, etc., etc.,
but I have a .OBJ file written in C that can do this for you.  If you
don't want to use the BGI to write text to the screen, then you may be
interested in this file.  All you have to do is add a bit of code, and
the functions will work.  If you want, I could email you the file (with
better instructions on how to work it).

                Jeff W.

Re:Text in graphics mode

In article <4lm157$...@nms.telepost.no>,
   knor...@telepost.no (Kenneth Nordum) wrote:

>I just wonder if it's possible to write text to the screen in graphics
>mode. I know I can turn DirectVideo to false, but the text then get so
>big. Anyone knows how to do it in another way?

Use the BGI and OutText, OutTextXY. Thats the easiest way.

If you can't use that for some reason, go to
ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming. There is a lot of graphics
programming code there.

Re:Text in graphics mode

All that you use is outext or outextxy!! It is not that hard!! RTFM!

On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Kenneth Nordum wrote:
> Hello!

> I just wonder if it's possible to write text to the screen in graphics
> mode. I know I can turn DirectVideo to false, but the text then get so
> big. Anyone knows how to do it in another way?

> Sincerely,
> Kenneth Nordum

Other Threads