Ms Internet Pack Beta and Delphi 2.0

Hi,

Has anyone tried using Ms Internet Pack Beta with Delphi 2.0. I installed
the POP and SMTP OCXes. When I tried using them, I get this error that is
similar to this "Can't open OLE handle " or something like this. What is
going on ?? Is Delphi 2.0 fully compatible to all OCXes ??

Please email me at ew...@sembcorp.com.sg

Thanks.

Re:Ms Internet Pack Beta and Delphi 2.0

In article <4rikg6$...@raffles.technet.sg>,
   Eugene Wong <ew...@sembcorp.com.sg> wrote:

>Hi,

>Has anyone tried using Ms Internet Pack Beta with Delphi 2.0. I installed
>the POP and SMTP OCXes. When I tried using them, I get this error that is
>similar to this "Can't open OLE handle " or something like this. What is
>going on ?? Is Delphi 2.0 fully compatible to all OCXes ??

>Please email me at ew...@sembcorp.com.sg

There were some problems with using that.  Borland published a new
interface unit on their technical forum. But your best bet is to get the
2.01 upgrade from Borland (for s/h charge only) -- it comes with the
release version of these controls (NetManage actually created them --
Borland and MS have licensed them), and the proper interfaces. The controls
are quite good, from what I tried of them.

If you have VB4, MS supplies good sample applications. I don't think
Borland supplied any Delphi samples, but I could be wrong.

--
Brad Aisa <ba...@tor.hookup.net>  http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

ba...@tor.hookup.net (Brad Aisa) wrote:
>If you have VB4, MS supplies good sample applications. I don't think
>Borland supplied any Delphi samples, but I could be wrong.

Um, you are wrong.  Borland ships the update with the internet
components and six examples.  The update also comes with QuickSite web
authoring tool.  Sadly, the update doesn't fix every bug.  The help
files are a lot better, but not quite what they should be in a few
spots.  It's worth the $10US s/h charge.

Other Threads