DIB's - direct access of pixels in bitmap

Hi,

can somebody PLEASE provide me with a detailed desciption of how to use
DIB's in Delphi and the functions GetDiBits and StretchDiBits ?

I have read the TI-3155 file ("Better way to print a form"), but I still
don't get it....how can I access the pixels directly !?!?!?

Please E-mail me, if you've any useful information.....

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Re:DIB's - direct access of pixels in bitmap

Jim Birch wrote:

> Hi,

> can somebody PLEASE provide me with a detailed desciption of how to use
> DIB's in Delphi and the functions GetDiBits and StretchDiBits ?

> I have read the TI-3155 file ("Better way to print a form"), but I still
> don't get it....how can I access the pixels directly !?!?!?

> Please E-mail me, if you've any useful information.....

> Thanks in advance,

> Jim

Delphi 3 allows you to do this (using DIBS by default and gives you a
memory handle)

For StretchDiBits, look in manuals.txt (I think its only in Delphi16),
but there is an example of its usage there.

Re:DIB's - direct access of pixels in bitmap

In article <336A6569.6...@meinc.com>, oneeye <one...@meinc.com> writes

>Jim Birch wrote:

>> Hi,

>> can somebody PLEASE provide me with a detailed desciption of how to use
>> DIB's in Delphi and the functions GetDiBits and StretchDiBits ?
>> Jim

>Delphi 3 allows you to do this (using DIBS by default and gives you a
>memory handle)

Could you expand on this, I've not heard this before with regard to
Delphi 3, I'd be very interested to know more, thanks.

>For StretchDiBits, look in manuals.txt (I think its only in Delphi16),
>but there is an example of its usage there.

Herbert
--
Herbert M Sauro
email:     HSa...@fssc.demon.co.uk