PARADOX TABLE SORTING vs TABLE EDIT CONFLICT

Dear News group users,

I have constructed a paradox 7 table with Delphi 5.

I have defined secondary indexes to do sorting with on 3 table fields via
the Database desktop.

The DBgrid read-only property I have defined as true, to prohibit tampering
with the data.

I want post data to the table from a calculation program, with the APPEND
and POST methods

The problem is that I keep getting a DBengine error that the table is
read-only, which it is NOT.

Once I remove the indexes the data can be posted without problem.

What possibly can be the problem??

Any suggestions are more than welcome, as I have been trying for an entire
week now.

Best regards.

Johan Prosee.

Re:PARADOX TABLE SORTING vs TABLE EDIT CONFLICT

Johan Prosee wrote:

> The problem is that I keep getting a DBengine error that the table is
> read-only, which it is NOT.

Most likely you have added only secondary index, but left out
the primary index. This is so bad mistake with BDE that it will
never forgive it, unless you add the primary index also.

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads