Delphi 4 & MS SQL Server 6.5

Hi
Got the following message while working with my delphi client-server
application:

"[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Connection is busy with results for
another hstmt"

I'm working with Delphi 4 (client-server) and MS SQL Server6.5 (ODBC data
source). My GUI uses quite a number of datasets for master-detail-relations
and lookup purposes (almost 10 per window).
Until now I work with only one session (default) and one TDatabase-Object,
i.e. every TQuery-Object uses the same TDatabase-Object.
-> can I avoid the problem by using more than one Sessions / Database-Object
-> or is it an ODBC driver Problem (ODBC SQL Server 3.60.03.19)
-> or can I set a parameter on the SQL server itself to make it work

Thanks for your help.      Thomas

Re:Delphi 4 & MS SQL Server 6.5

Hello,

Take a look at the server configuration ('user connection' number), value
range is between 5 up to 32767. Each connection takes 37 Ko of memory.
An application using database controls needs at least 1 user connection by
dataset.

To set the value, use the 'sp_configure' stored proc or right-click on the
server, configure...

Regards.
Eric Pedrazzi
www.chez.com/epedrazzi

Thomas K?mpfer <kaempf...@geocom.ch> a crit dans le message :
835fag$sd...@news1.sunrise.ch...

> Hi
> Got the following message while working with my delphi client-server
> application:

> "[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Connection is busy with results for
> another hstmt"

> I'm working with Delphi 4 (client-server) and MS SQL Server6.5 (ODBC data
> source). My GUI uses quite a number of datasets for

master-detail-relations
> and lookup purposes (almost 10 per window).
> Until now I work with only one session (default) and one TDatabase-Object,
> i.e. every TQuery-Object uses the same TDatabase-Object.
> -> can I avoid the problem by using more than one Sessions /
Database-Object
> -> or is it an ODBC driver Problem (ODBC SQL Server 3.60.03.19)
> -> or can I set a parameter on the SQL server itself to make it work

> Thanks for your help.      Thomas

Re:Delphi 4 & MS SQL Server 6.5

Hi Thomas

Just guessing...
Do you have any TQuery component with Unidirectional = true (forward only)
such kind of statments shoud always be fetched and closed after using it..

You can not call(open) any other statement if you have a single sql statment
active with unidirectional = true.(forward only cursor type)

the same behaviour would have some SQL statments returning resultset from
stored procedures.

Thomas K?mpfer wrote in message <835fag$sd...@news1.sunrise.ch>...
>Hi
>Got the following message while working with my delphi client-server
>application:

>"[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Connection is busy with results for
>another hstmt"

Other Threads