How to access the hidden info-field in a DBase file (record lock info)

Does someone know how I can access the data of the hidden info field in
my DBASE-file?
I want to inform the user about the person who currently locks the
desired record.

Re:How to access the hidden info-field in a DBase file (record lock info)

Thomas,

The only way I know to do this from Delphi is to read the binary information
from the DBF file.  Basically you read the header information, go to the
record and then read the _DbaseLock field.

Dbase has ways to get this information like Lksys(0), but I don't know of
anything comparable in Delphi.

Let me know if you are interested and I will email you some code that I
wrote for a component that extracts this information.

Rick

Thomas Schroeder wrote in message <365BD1B8.AF3B6...@labitzke.de>...
>Does someone know how I can access the data of the hidden info field in
>my DBASE-file?
>I want to inform the user about the person who currently locks the
>desired record.

Re:How to access the hidden info-field in a DBase file (record lock info)

As i thought that this information (User who locks a record) was unavailable
in Delphi I was search an other way (as you can see my message has no answer
! (->"Looking the best method to get the user who locks a record"))
So I am very interested by the method you talk about.

Alex

Rick Roen a crit dans le message <73gv8m$ai...@forums.borland.com>...

>Thomas,

>The only way I know to do this from Delphi is to read the binary
information
>from the DBF file.  Basically you read the header information, go to the
>record and then read the _DbaseLock field.

>Dbase has ways to get this information like Lksys(0), but I don't know of
>anything comparable in Delphi.

>Let me know if you are interested and I will email you some code that I
>wrote for a component that extracts this information.

>Rick

>Thomas Schroeder wrote in message <365BD1B8.AF3B6...@labitzke.de>...
>>Does someone know how I can access the data of the hidden info field in
>>my DBASE-file?
>>I want to inform the user about the person who currently locks the
>>desired record.

Other Threads