DB Grid won't render my Access MEMO Field, help

How can I have my DBGrid component render my entire MEMO field in one of

its cells ? Right now all I get in the grid cell it this:

(MEMO)

I can't find any property or method to change this..

Thanks in advance,

Rich Diaz
www.ADGInc.com

Re:DB Grid won't render my Access MEMO Field, help

You won't be able to either. You need to use a DBMemo to edit the contents of a memo field. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure
that's the way it goes. If you are using Delphi 3 you can use the DBCtrlGrid all the way at the end of the Data Controls tab panel and from that you
can place data controls on the Grid. This will give you a lot more control.
Richard Diaz wrote:

> How can I have my DBGrid component render my entire MEMO field in one of

> its cells ? Right now all I get in the grid cell it this:

> (MEMO)

> I can't find any property or method to change this..

> Thanks in advance,

> Rich Diaz
> www.ADGInc.com

Re:DB Grid won't render my Access MEMO Field, help

I usually make a calculated field that does this:

  TheNewField.AsString:=TheMemoField.AsString

Then display TheNewField in the grid.  Yeah its limited and I dont allow
edit
in the grid but you can place a button on that cell and pop a dialog to
edit
the real memo field.

Christopher Pall wrote:

> You won't be able to either. You need to use a DBMemo to edit the contents of a memo field. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure
> Richard Diaz wrote:

> > How can I have my DBGrid component render my entire MEMO field in one of

> > its cells ? Right now all I get in the grid cell it this:

Other Threads