Installing components - problems

Hi all,

I installed a freeware component, which I used in my project. Today when I
opened this project, the component was no longer on the palette. So I tried
to install it again (in dclusr50 package). The package gets compiled
allright, but the component doesn't appear anywhere in the pallette. It has
a procedure Register like this:

procedure Register;
begin
  RegisterComponents('3rdParty', [TAppExec]);
end;

when is that beeing run?
'cause it doesn't show up in the '3rdParty' tab!

Why does a component suddenly disappear from Delphi?

Thanks,
Tove

Re:Installing components - problems

In article <3b08e444$1_2@dnews>, Tove wrote:
> I installed a freeware component, which I used in my project. Today when I
> opened this project, the component was no longer on the palette.
> Why does a component suddenly disappear from Delphi?

Gremlins, without doubt <G>.

The palette entry may have been hidden by accident. Select
Component->Configure palette, scroll to the end in the left listbox and
select the [All] entry. Now look through the right list for your missing
component. If it is marked [Hidden] select it and click the Show button.