MS SQL7 with cached updates

I've got an app that the client wants to run from a network drive.  It
uses SQL7 with cached updates.  The default caching is to the networked
drive.  It seems kind of slow.  Should I set the cache to the local
drive?  and if so, how would I do that?  Thanks.

Re:MS SQL7 with cached updates

g...@rdtech.com (Gregory R. Runnels) wrote in
<3958B7E6.55B65...@rdtech.com>:

>I've got an app that the client wants to run from a network drive.  It
>uses SQL7 with cached updates.  The default caching is to the networked
>drive.  It seems kind of slow.  Should I set the cache to the local
>drive?  and if so, how would I do that?  Thanks.

Not a good idea to cache on a network drive as the cache files might
conflict, plus the network is always a bottleneck...

Try:

    <tdatabase>.Session.PrivateDir := <localdir>;

--
Jacob Pedersen
AK Techotel

Other Threads