Board index » delphi » ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released

ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released

Dear Sirs and madams,

EMS HiTech Company is very glad to announce the new version of QuickDesk
(2.2) --
The Best InterBase/FireBird Administration and Development Tool.

You can download the latest version from
http://www.ems-hitech.com/quickdesk/download.phtml

If you have already downloaded one of the earlier versions of EMS QuickDesk,
you can download the .exe file only (URL above). Just extract the archive
and replace your old quickdesk.exe file.

We are very grateful to the users that have already purchased and registered
our product: your help was really appreciated.

If you are not registered yet, you can do it right now at
http://www.ems-hitech.com/quickdesk/purchase.phtml

We are also glad to notify you, that EMS QuickDesk now contains a
detailed Help system, which will make your work with our product easier.
Now you can call the context help by pressing F1 or "Help"
button within almost every window of QuickDesk.
We would like to thank everyone who helped us in correcting QuickDesk Help.

We have also made a lot of corrections to make QuickDesk more
effective and handy.

What is EMS QuickDesk?

EMS QuickDesk provides you with effective and powerful tools for
InterBase/FireBird administration. It helps to edit all
database objects, search in metadata, extract metadata,
print metadata, import data and export it into as many
as 12 most popular formats. QuickDesk also includes SP De{*word*81},
SQL Editor, Visual Query Builder, Grant Manager, User Manager,
BLOB Viewer/Editor, SQL Script processor, Third-Party plugins support
and many more other features...

Don't forget check out another our software:

EMS MySQL Manager (http://www.mysqlmanager.com) --  // NEW!
  The Best MySQL Administration and Development Tool.

EMS QuickExport Component Suite (http://www.ems-hitech.com/quickexport/)  --
  The set of native Delphi components for
  export your data to 12 most popular formats.
  Now we have two versions of this product: for standard TDataset and
  IB Objects by Jason Wharton (http://www.ibobjects.com).

EMS QueryBuilder (http://www.ems-hitech.com/querybuilder/) --
  Powerful component intended
  for visual building SQL statement for SELECT clause.

FIBPlus (http://www.ems-hitech.com/fibplus) --
  Set of Delphi/C++ Builder components for working
  with Interbase databases without BDE.

We hope you will like our products. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
EMS HiTech development team.
http://www.ems-hitech.com

 

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Do you really have to be so rude?
You post this to several irrelevant newsgroups every week or so. You've been
warned several times already and continue to spam newsgroups anyway. I don't
care about your product, am not interested in any way (as majority of
readers) and even if I needed something like this, I'd look for alternatives
exclusively because of your rude attitude.

--
Robert

Vadim Vinokur wanted to enlighten us with ...

Quote
>Dear Sirs and madams,
>[rest of spam snipped]

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Yes, that is what is called "cheap promotion tactics". Shame on you.
Having flooding public newsgroups so often, you are making a bad reputation
for your product and company itself.

Mike

Quote
"Robert Cerny" <robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote in message

news:9r1sih.1q4.1@neosys.xrs.si...
Quote
> Do you really have to be so rude?
> You post this to several irrelevant newsgroups every week or so. You've
been
> warned several times already and continue to spam newsgroups anyway. I
don't
> care about your product, am not interested in any way (as majority of
> readers) and even if I needed something like this, I'd look for
alternatives
> exclusively because of your rude attitude.

> --
> Robert

> Vadim Vinokur wanted to enlighten us with ...
> >Dear Sirs and madams,
> >[rest of spam snipped]

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Quote
> Yes, that is what is called "cheap promotion tactics". Shame on you.
> Having flooding public newsgroups so often, you are making a bad
reputation
> for your product and company itself.

If I may, I would like to voice some support for those doing their best to
make InterBase more friendly to use and work with. Third party
component/product providers go to an awful lot of work and sacrifice to make
some stuff for InterBase that is very cool. Because InterBase isn't a major
industry standard database (yet) most anyone in this niche is running at a
loss on profits and there isn't a budget that can afford more expensive
forms of adverti{*word*224}t and communication with the public.

I would like for those reading frequent announcements in this forum to
understand this is the place for it. As long as there is something fresh and
new to be reported I think a post ever week or so should be viewed as a
person or company e{*word*277}d about their involvement with InterBase and thereby
viewed as a good thing. It is a positive indication that people are backing
the InterBase movement and our options as consumers are increasing.

OT: And, for Pete's sake, there's nothing wrong with a company trying to
make a little financial profit here and there. It seems there is a culture
developing to shun anyone promoting a software related product as an
endeavor to make some revenue. We still live in a world where reality exists
and some form of revenue is necessary to drive innovation forward.

PS. I agree that care needs to be taken in the nature of language spoken. I
hate hype and there is too much of it in every industry, entertainment,
commercial segment. I've just learned to ignore it. In fact, I too will not
use a product if their adverti{*word*224}ts are insulting to my intelligence. For
ex: Toyota's recent obvious "brainwashing" attempts to tell me "I've gotta
have a new Camry". I angrily reply, "I will never buy a Camry and if you
keep up this insulting nonsense I will never buy a Toyota vehicle." They
portray the image suggesting stupid people capable of being brainwashed will
be driving Camry's which is the last image I have for myself. I don't even
want to be seen in someone else's Camry now. (Seems we need an
Interbase.nontech forum for this stuff... <g>)

FWIW,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


I have no desire for post detail answer to this abusive
for me and our company message to newsgroups
because I have no desire and time for unnecessary correspondence.

Shortly: a lot of users already have registered our software
for Delphi, C++ Builder, InterBase/FireBird and MySQL so
we are sure that our work (and the announces as a part of it) is
of more benefit to the users, than the senseless messages
about some non-existent spam.

Regards,
Vadim Vinokur
EMS HiTech company
http://www.ems-hitech.com

Quote
"Robert Cerny" <robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote in message

news:9r1sih.1q4.1@neosys.xrs.si...
Quote
> Do you really have to be so rude?
> You post this to several irrelevant newsgroups every week or so. You've
been
> warned several times already and continue to spam newsgroups anyway. I
don't
> care about your product, am not interested in any way (as majority of
> readers) and even if I needed something like this, I'd look for
alternatives
> exclusively because of your rude attitude.

> --
> Robert

> Vadim Vinokur wanted to enlighten us with ...
> >Dear Sirs and madams,
> >[rest of spam snipped]

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Thats what I am talking about.
One more cheap promotion: "Shortly: a lot of users already have registered
our software"
Can you at least try to not announce every little update (+0.01).

Quote
"Vadim Vinokur" <cva...@ems-hitech.com> wrote in message

news:3bd544d8_2@dnews...
Quote
> I have no desire for post detail answer to this abusive
> for me and our company message to newsgroups
> because I have no desire and time for unnecessary correspondence.

> Shortly: a lot of users already have registered our software
> for Delphi, C++ Builder, InterBase/FireBird and MySQL so
> we are sure that our work (and the announces as a part of it) is
> of more benefit to the users, than the senseless messages
> about some non-existent spam.

> Regards,
> Vadim Vinokur
> EMS HiTech company
> http://www.ems-hitech.com

> "Robert Cerny" <robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote in message
> news:9r1sih.1q4.1@neosys.xrs.si...
> > Do you really have to be so rude?
> > You post this to several irrelevant newsgroups every week or so. You've
> been
> > warned several times already and continue to spam newsgroups anyway. I
> don't
> > care about your product, am not interested in any way (as majority of
> > readers) and even if I needed something like this, I'd look for
> alternatives
> > exclusively because of your rude attitude.

> > --
> > Robert

> > Vadim Vinokur wanted to enlighten us with ...
> > >Dear Sirs and madams,
> > >[rest of spam snipped]

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


I don't care.
Appropriate newsgroup for this kind of announcements is
borland.public.delphi.thirdparty-tools and are welcome there.
Borland.public.delphi.database.sqlservers is not and is considered spam in
it. You have been warned several times in the past about this and keep
ignoring it.
So, you're pushing yourself and your company into s..t with your attitude.

BTW, personal email attack is really not welcome.

--
Robert

Quote
Vadim Vinokur wrote in message <3bd544d8_2@dnews>...
>I have no desire for post detail answer to this abusive
>for me and our company message to newsgroups
>because I have no desire and time for unnecessary correspondence.

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Quote
"Vadim Vinokur" <cva...@ems-hitech.com> wrote in message

news:3bd544d8_2@dnews...

Vadim, Borland provides a 3rd-party groups (e.g.
borland.public.delphi.thirdparty-tools) for the purpose of allowing such
posts as yours about your products. Please use these groups ONLY. We have
guidelines and rules for these newsgroups at
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html and you need to abide by them.
Continued violations of these rules and guidelines will result in the
cancellation of your messages.

--
Wayne Niddery (Logic Fundamentals, Inc.)
RADBooks: http://www.logicfundamentals.com/RADBooks/delphibooks.html
"Some see private enterprise as a predatory target to be shot, others as a
cow to be milked, but few are those who see it as a sturdy horse pulling the
wagon." - Winston Churchill

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Wayne, I disagree with you. Please read the Jason Wharton's post which is a
good point. The problem is not the place, but the way how it was wrote.

Gabriel Papadopol
 SC ProSoft SRL

"Wayne Niddery [TeamB]" <wnidd...@aci.on.ca> wrote in message
news:3bd6007d_1@dnews...

Quote
> "Vadim Vinokur" <cva...@ems-hitech.com> wrote in message
> news:3bd544d8_2@dnews...

> Continued violations of these rules and guidelines will result in the
> cancellation of your messages.

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


OK, we will try to announce 0.02+ updates only.
BTW, in this thread we have carry out your condition. :-)

Vadim

Quote
"Mike Sorenberg" <mik...@not.at.this.time.com> wrote in message

news:3bd59b8c_2@dnews...
Quote
> Thats what I am talking about.
> One more cheap promotion: "Shortly: a lot of users already have registered
> our software"
> Can you at least try to not announce every little update (+0.01).

> "Vadim Vinokur" <cva...@ems-hitech.com> wrote in message
> news:3bd544d8_2@dnews...
> > I have no desire for post detail answer to this abusive
> > for me and our company message to newsgroups
> > because I have no desire and time for unnecessary correspondence.

> > Shortly: a lot of users already have registered our software
> > for Delphi, C++ Builder, InterBase/FireBird and MySQL so
> > we are sure that our work (and the announces as a part of it) is
> > of more benefit to the users, than the senseless messages
> > about some non-existent spam.

> > Regards,
> > Vadim Vinokur
> > EMS HiTech company
> > http://www.ems-hitech.com

> > "Robert Cerny" <robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote in message
> > news:9r1sih.1q4.1@neosys.xrs.si...
> > > Do you really have to be so rude?
> > > You post this to several irrelevant newsgroups every week or so.
You've
> > been
> > > warned several times already and continue to spam newsgroups anyway. I
> > don't
> > > care about your product, am not interested in any way (as majority of
> > > readers) and even if I needed something like this, I'd look for
> > alternatives
> > > exclusively because of your rude attitude.

> > > --
> > > Robert

> > > Vadim Vinokur wanted to enlighten us with ...
> > > >Dear Sirs and madams,
> > > >[rest of spam snipped]

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Quote
> OK, we will try to announce 0.02+ updates only.

Yes, do THAT, and everybody will know you as nobody but SPAMMER.

I wonder where are Borland guys?
How can you tolerate this kind of behavior for months?

Quote
"Vadim Vinokur" <cva...@ems-hitech.com> wrote in message

news:3bd68aaf_2@dnews...
Quote
> OK, we will try to announce 0.02+ updates only.
> BTW, in this thread we have carry out your condition. :-)

> Vadim

> "Mike Sorenberg" <mik...@not.at.this.time.com> wrote in message
> news:3bd59b8c_2@dnews...
> > Thats what I am talking about.
> > One more cheap promotion: "Shortly: a lot of users already have
registered
> > our software"
> > Can you at least try to not announce every little update (+0.01).

> > "Vadim Vinokur" <cva...@ems-hitech.com> wrote in message
> > news:3bd544d8_2@dnews...
> > > I have no desire for post detail answer to this abusive
> > > for me and our company message to newsgroups
> > > because I have no desire and time for unnecessary correspondence.

> > > Shortly: a lot of users already have registered our software
> > > for Delphi, C++ Builder, InterBase/FireBird and MySQL so
> > > we are sure that our work (and the announces as a part of it) is
> > > of more benefit to the users, than the senseless messages
> > > about some non-existent spam.

> > > Regards,
> > > Vadim Vinokur
> > > EMS HiTech company
> > > http://www.ems-hitech.com

> > > "Robert Cerny" <robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote in message
> > > news:9r1sih.1q4.1@neosys.xrs.si...
> > > > Do you really have to be so rude?
> > > > You post this to several irrelevant newsgroups every week or so.
> You've
> > > been
> > > > warned several times already and continue to spam newsgroups anyway.
I
> > > don't
> > > > care about your product, am not interested in any way (as majority
of
> > > > readers) and even if I needed something like this, I'd look for
> > > alternatives
> > > > exclusively because of your rude attitude.

> > > > --
> > > > Robert

> > > > Vadim Vinokur wanted to enlighten us with ...
> > > > >Dear Sirs and madams,
> > > > >[rest of spam snipped]

Re:ANN: EMS QuickDesk 2.2 released


Quote
"Jason Wharton" <jwhar...@ibobjects.com> wrote in message

news:3bd48852$1_2@dnews...

Quote
> If I may, I would like to voice some support for those doing their best to
> make InterBase more friendly to use and work with. Third party
> component/product providers go to an awful lot of work and sacrifice to
make
> some stuff for InterBase that is very cool.

Understood. And you should be able to understand that this is not
particularly a pleasant part of our duties here. We appreciate the work that
you and many others do for all Borland products, but we have rules for a
reason and we set up the 3rd-party groups for a reason. If we do not enforce
such rules, then advertising gets completely out of hand in a very short
time. This drives people away who are looking for help with problems and
answers to questions - they are not looking for a store and it turns many of
them off! Although we do different things, we, like you, put in a great deal
of time in these groups and we *don't* have time to decide on a case-by-case
basis whether we should allow certain adverti{*word*224}ts or to track how often
someone is doing so. It is hard enough to be completely consistent and get
every single post that crosses the line, so some slip through, but we must
try or the groups degrade. Therefore the present rules stand and will
continue stand.

Quote
> I would like for those reading frequent announcements in this forum to
> understand this is the place for it.

No! This (.sqlservers) is NOT the place for it, you do not have the
authority to make it otherwise.

Quote
> As long as there is something fresh and
> new to be reported I think a post ever week or so should be viewed as a
> person or company e{*word*277}d about their involvement with InterBase and
thereby
> viewed as a good thing. It is a positive indication that people are
backing
> the InterBase movement and our options as consumers are increasing.

Which is exactly WHY the 3rd-party groups were created!

Quote
> OT: And, for Pete's sake, there's nothing wrong with a company trying to
> make a little financial profit here and there. It seems there is a culture
> developing to shun anyone promoting a software related product as an
> endeavor to make some revenue. We still live in a world where reality
exists
> and some form of revenue is necessary to drive innovation forward.

This has absolutely zero to do with whether a product is freeware,
shareware, trustware, or commercial. If you spam the groups for a freeware
product, I will start cancelling those too. We didn't talk politics when we
met at BorCon, but take my word for it, I'd likely be the very *last* person
arounf here to take a position against profit, I'm a raging capitalist.

--
Wayne Niddery (Logic Fundamentals, Inc.)
RADBooks: http://www.logicfundamentals.com/RADBooks/delphibooks.html
"Some see private enterprise as a predatory target to be shot, others as a
cow to be milked, but few are those who see it as a sturdy horse pulling the
wagon." - Winston Churchill

Go to page: [1] [2]

Other Threads