Delphi 3: Installing Components

I know I must be stupid or something...

I'm trying to install existing components that I had in Delphi 2 into
Delphi 3.  I'm creating packages and all that, but when I compile them,
Delphi DOES NOT generate .DPL files.  And then, of course, I can't
install the packages.  Can anybody give me a step by step tutorial on
how to do this?  I followed Broland's instructions, but it doesn't work.

Thanx

Marc Charron
Unicate Network Inc.

Re:Delphi 3: Installing Components

I had the same problem when I tried to use the default .dpk file that
Borland suggests you use.

I solved the problem by creating a new .dpk file called Personal. Then,
everything worked fine just like the instructions said they would!
Matthew J. Brock
Computer Solutions:AZ
Tucson, AZ - Home of the 1997 National Basketball Champion Wildcats!

TVisualBasic=class(None);

Marc Charron <m...@unicate.com> wrote in article
<337C7CB6.59B8F...@unicate.com>...
: I know I must be stupid or something...
:
: I'm trying to install existing components that I had in Delphi 2 into
: Delphi 3.  I'm creating packages and all that, but when I compile them,
: Delphi DOES NOT generate .DPL files.  And then, of course, I can't
: install the packages.  Can anybody give me a step by step tutorial on
: how to do this?  I followed Broland's instructions, but it doesn't work.
:
: Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
:
: Thanx
:
: Marc Charron