Email attachments

Hi all

I've got a small program running that can open the users e-mail
program using MAILTO: command.

I've worked out how to specify subject & body text in the call

I can't work out how to attach a file (from the call)

Is this possible?

Or does anyone know of another way to do this?

thanks in advance

Muff

Re:Email attachments

muff wrote:

> Hi all

> I've got a small program running that can open the users e-mail
> program using MAILTO: command.

> I've worked out how to specify subject & body text in the call

> I can't work out how to attach a file (from the call)

> Is this possible?

> Or does anyone know of another way to do this?

> thanks in advance

> Muff

I dont know of an email client which supports adding an attachment via
ShellExecute (maybe there is one). If you want to add one use MAPI or an
SMTP component.

Alex
--
** Pepsi Cola and animal protection **
**  http://www.pepsi{*word*76}bath.com/  **

Author of the free Chatsystem PINO! || Website: http://www.alcomp.net
Available at http://pino.cjb.net    || Chat   : pinochat.dhs.org:8080

Re:Email attachments

Hi,

I've been playing around with this for about 3 weeks now and finally
gave up. I couldn't even get a Subject & Body using ShellExecute();

With the help of a few people on this NG, I've since changed to OLE
Automation as my customer is using MS Outlook 97 & Eudora Pro 4.2.
I've got Outlook working correctly, but still working on Eudroa.

Let me know if you are interested in the code.

Robbie...

ya...@globalnet.co.uk (muff) wrote:
>Hi all

>I've got a small program running that can open the users e-mail
>program using MAILTO: command.

>I've worked out how to specify subject & body text in the call

>I can't work out how to attach a file (from the call)

>Is this possible?

>Or does anyone know of another way to do this?

>thanks in advance

>Muff

Re:Email attachments

Robbie wrote:

> Hi,

> I've been playing around with this for about 3 weeks now and finally
> gave up. I couldn't even get a Subject & Body using ShellExecute();

> With the help of a few people on this NG, I've since changed to OLE
> Automation as my customer is using MS Outlook 97 & Eudora Pro 4.2.
> I've got Outlook working correctly, but still working on Eudroa.

> Let me know if you are interested in the code.

> Robbie...

mailto:u...@server.com?subject=subject&body=text&cc=cc_users&bcc=bcc_users

Alex
--