Disable autologon from TTable. How?

I'm a newbie, so be gentle !! :-)

Thanks in advance

Peter

Re:Disable autologon from TTable. How?

Do you have a question? If so please include the question in your message
along with the version of Delphi and the version of the BDE you are using
and Identify the database you are using.

If your subject was your question, there is no AutoLogon property or method
for TTable. Can you explain more completely?

--
Bill Todd

Re:Disable autologon from TTable. How?

Sorry about the missing information...

I'm using Delphi 4.0 and accessing an Acces 97 database using ODBC driver.
(By the way: Is there any anvantages/disadvantages useing native or ODBC
drivers?)

I have a TTable connected to the Table in the databse and a DataSource
component connected to the TTable component. When changing Active to true or
using Table.open I get a login prompt.

Is it possible to disable this login?

Hope this is enough information!

Jens-Peter
PS: An email notification would be very nice.Thank you!

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote:
> Do you have a question? If so please include the question in your message
> along with the version of Delphi and the version of the BDE you are using
> and Identify the database you are using.

> If your subject was your question, there is no AutoLogon property or method
> for TTable. Can you explain more completely?

> --
> Bill Todd
> (Sorry but TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)
> (Remove nospam from my email address to contact me for any other reason)

Re:Disable autologon from TTable. How?

You need to add a TDatabase component to your project. Set the AliasName
property of the TDatabase to your Access database alias. Set the
DatabaseName property of the TDatabase to any name that does _not_ match an
existing alias. This is a temporary alias that the TDatabase will create
while your app is running. User this value in the DatabaseName property of
your TTable. Set the TDatabase component's LoginPrompt property to False and
you will no longer get the login message.

--
Bill Todd

Re:Disable autologon from TTable. How?

> have a TTable connected to the Table in the databse and a DataSource
>component connected to the TTable component. When changing Active to true or
>using Table.open I get a login prompt.

>Is it possible to disable this login?

You have to put a tdatasource on your form and connect the tdataset components
to the Tdatasource.  There is a LoginPrompt property that you can set to false
on the Tdatabase.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com