TCP/IP vice Name Pipes

All;

    Need some help in configuring the BDE to use TCP/IP with MS-SQL Server.
I've done it in Interbase, but how do you do it with MS-SQL Server?

Dean Jones
Personal Tech Software

Re:TCP/IP vice Name Pipes

You don't. If you install SQL Server 7 to use TCP/IP and install the BDE
correctly (v5.1 to use SQL Server 7) it will use named pipes to resolve the
server address by name.
Otherwise you can specify the IP address of the SQL Server host.

Jack

"Dean Jones" <jone...@konnect.net> wrote in message

> All;

>     Need some help in configuring the BDE to use TCP/IP with MS-SQL
Server.
> I've done it in Interbase, but how do you do it with MS-SQL Server?

> Dean Jones
> Personal Tech Software

Other Threads